Bye bye Gordon - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bye bye Gordon

Squirrelhumper

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Post match press conference should be an interesting one...

Hopefully its an announcement rather than just a press conference.

He has to go. There's no point in him staying at this point. 

We should get an interim coach in until we can make a proper appointment.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest faircity
4 minutes ago, hoofitharder said:

He has to go but I fear he is too arrogant to resign and the s f a too tight to sack him.I would go for Billy Davies he did a very good job with limited squads at Preston derby and forest

Hahahaha. Billy Davies. The man is a cuhnt. 

19 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

A point is being missed here though. Strachan has to walk for sure or get sacked but I would bet a good wad of money that whoever takes over won't be able to fashion the crap we have into a team capable of qualifying.

There's no point in bringing reality into the conversation. 

On the TAMB its traditional that every two years we pretend that the right managerial appointment will get a group of Championship level dross into a major tournament. 

Twenty years of evidence to the contrary won't change things. 

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Post match press conference should be an interesting one...

Let's see... weren't expected to win this one, other results have gone our way, only 3 points behind England...

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

Northern Ireland 

Northern Ireland have ridden their luck with handy draws but not dropped daft points in key matches and that has saw them qualify. 

If people here reckon we are anything other than sub-standard they are kidding themselves. A good gauge of how far Scottish football has fallen from grace in terms of its talent pool is how the clubs do in Europe. Embarrassing over the last few years with all clubs barely getting to the first round proper of Euro competitions whereas when we used to have more quality and qualified for tournies we have club sides such as Celtic, Rangers, Dundee United and Aberdeen all having lengthy runs in Europe.

1 minute ago, fraz65 said:

On the TAMB its traditional that every two years we pretend that the right managerial appointment will get a group of Championship level dross into a major tournament. 

Even without qualifying a manager can do a good job and fans can see the positives they bring.

Strachan is a arrogant little fraud who has failed big time.

Northern Ireland got to the last 16 in the euros with current and former Aberdeen players in their team. Scotland play zero Aberdeen players  

Youre an apologist for failure. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Northern Ireland got to the last 16 in the euros with current and former Aberdeen players in their team. Scotland play zero Aberdeen players  

Shall we have a little bet then that whoever takes over we continue down the path of mediocrity? The quality is not there. Face it - you can't polish a turd.

6 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Northern Ireland then?  Iceland? Ireland? Teams filled with superstars. 

You don't half talk sh1te. Glad to see its not restricted to the Killie forum. 

Nothing but an apologist for failure. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Northern Ireland have played to their strengths, scoring many of there goals from set plays.

Our corners this past week have been completely pathetic. We looked like a Sunday league team just putting the same ball in aimlessly every time.

If we practice anything in training it should be how to take advantage of set plays near the opposition goal, and how to defend them properly as well.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And you are missing my point. I have said Strachan has to go but the point I am making is that the quality is just not there. Martin and Hanley are bombscares but they are the best available. Our attack is toothless and the quality we have in some areas is not enough to make a huge difference.

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Maybe. It'll definitely be better than this though. 

What makes you say that? 

Not that I think Strachan should stay, his time is clearly up but at least from summer 2013 to summer 2015 he provided some decent performances and some hope. That alone puts him streets ahead of Levein and Burley. 

After 20 years of being utter rank with only the briefest of pauses, it's not one coach here or there that's the problem.

We'll no doubt roll the dice before or after Wembley but no one in their right mind should trust the SFA to get it right and even if, by some miracle, they do find a good coach then the structure and players will ensure we're not at Russia and quite frankly with a seeding so bad 2020 will be a massive challenge.

It reminds of the brilliant gag from the West Wing, two folk are lost at sea on a boat, the pessimist says things can't get any worse, the optimist replies oh yes they can...

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And you are missing my point. I have said Strachan has to go but the point I am making is that the quality is just not there. Martin and Hanley are bombscares but they are the best available. Our attack is toothless and the quality we have in some areas is not enough to make a huge difference.

The quality is there to qualify under the correct manager.

Teams qualifying with poorer or comparable squads is evidence of that.

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aren't good enough? Slovakia just brought on a former Ross County player. We've sent a £15 million bundesligaplayer home for being too inexperienced :lol: 

its complete mismagamdnt. 

That was hilarious. We need players that have experience? The only experience the vast majority of these players have is in consistently failing at international level. The decision to drop Burke, not play Griffiths and go with 3 central midfielders just shows Strachans complete inability to try and send out a team to win a game from the off.

It's all about hope rather than expectation, there's no plan to try and win a game, it's about putting 11 players out and hoping they come up with something. 

I will personally contribute my savings and remortgage my maws house to make any contribution towards Bielsa's salary

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Northern Ireland have ridden their luck with handy draws but not dropped daft points in key matches and that has saw them qualify. 

If people here reckon we are anything other than sub-standard they are kidding themselves. A good gauge of how far Scottish football has fallen from grace in terms of its talent pool is how the clubs do in Europe. Embarrassing over the last few years with all clubs barely getting to the first round proper of Euro competitions whereas when we used to have more quality and qualified for tournies we have club sides such as Celtic, Rangers, Dundee United and Aberdeen all having lengthy runs in Europe.

All those Albanian and Icelandic team that have been tearing up european club football in recent years really have been a joy to watch.

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Northern Ireland then?  Iceland? Ireland? Teams filled with superstars. 

You don't half talk sh1te. Glad to see its not restricted to the Killie forum. 

Nothing but an apologist for failure. 

When did any of those sides last qualify for a World Cup?

Northern Ireland managed seven points in the 2014 campaign.

Edited by fraz65