Bye bye Gordon - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bye bye Gordon

Squirrelhumper

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allardyce could play himself in defence, just stood still for 90 mins, he'd stop more than current defence...

7 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Aye dream all you want as it won't happen. Legend of a manager but evidently one that does not give a shit about the national side, He chucked the job after the 86 World Cup for United who were a big but labouringf club then. And we have had umpteen manager hunts over 20 years and he was always quick to rule himself out. Sad.

Yep.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No of course I wouldn't but the question is totally irrelevent. It is like asking me if I'd like to shag Miss World - sure but it ain't happening for reasons I meantioned earlier.

Ferguson is more of a possibility than you riding anything

1 hour ago, exile said:

But surely in league football, a new manager can make a difference- even without signing

They can - for a short time (if they have no money to spend). I think that is what we'd see here - a slight improvement in results but no qualification and then into a new campaign with renewed hope and then the same kick in the nuts to follow unless we can find players playing at a higher level than the ones we habe presently.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

They can - for a short time (if they have no money to spend). I think that is what we'd see here - a slight improvement in results but no qualification and then into a new campaign with renewed hope and then the same kick in the nuts to follow unless we can find players playing at a higher level than the ones we habe presently.

Weren't you meant to be signing off hours ago ? Theresa is awaiting:o.:P 

3 hours ago, Rossy said:

Strachan was a dead man walking after Georgia. 

His selection policy has just got more bizarre since then on in.

He loves a game of Levein squad selection bingo

2 hours ago, valleybear said:

As soon as John McGinn comes on then it gets beyond belief , piss poor player playing in a piss poor league n he's picked before championship players in England 

Mcginn was one of the better players when he came on, a bit of heart and wanted to make a takle unlike every other c**t for the most part. Griffiths and Anya looked good too. Strachan csn bolt, utter pish again. D Fletch is done and has to leave hopefully, S Fletch csnt play up top himself. Tierney played well in parts, still work.to do. 

I'm really disappointed as I thought WGS might have been the one to get us out the 20 year doldrum that we're in, but alas, he's just losing the plot - his heid's went aw' mincey!! The first signs were after the Georgia game but now it's just embarrassing. I have to admit I was wrong - I thought we were on the right road but this campaign has been a disaster; I think we're going backwards. We were lucky in Malta, shocking on Saturday and tonight, although we passed it quite well in the 1st half, there was just no cutting edge and the 2nd half was quite painful.  Why did he drop Ollie Burke (and sub him on Saturday)? Why did he wait until the 64th minute to bring subs on? Why did Snoddy play the full 90mins?  TBH, I really hoped King Kenny would have got the job before Levein's disastarous 2nd campaign as it was obvious after his 1st that Levein was out his depth. Dalglish had just finished his stint with Liverpool 4 months prior and won them their first silverware in a few years, and nearly won the double. I just think Dalglish would set the team up to attack, would have the respect of the players, the media and the country, but more importantly, he'd have the power to shake up the SFA too. Those Kuntz at the SFA need purged !!! 

Regan and all his cronies should be first to go. Then Strachan and McGhee. 

Get in promising young coaches on a part time basis for training and tactical purposes. Guys like Jack Ross, McInnes and others with tactical nous. 

All supporter club members vote to choose the coaches, squad, formation and starting 11 while the coaches act as a committee to give players direction and make the final decision on any conflicts (532, but 3 strikers selected to start etc)

50,000 people have a higher chance of getting it right than one man without a clue. 

We'd have a better chance of qualifying for sure. 

Then we only have ourselves to blame if we decided to play as the home team while away to a higher seeded team... 

I'm not sure if I'm serious, but we need to start thinking radically to end our time from tournament wilderness. 

9 hours ago, valleybear said:

As soon as John McGinn comes on then it gets beyond belief , piss poor player playing in a piss poor league n he's picked before championship players in England 

In putting that cracking pass through to set up Griffiths, McGinn contributed more creatively than both Fletchers, Bannan, Snodgrass and Ritchie combined.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Has anyone seen strachans press conference? He feels for the players and we apparently have to remember the players don't get paid. :mad:

he eventually said he feels for the fans

He almost made me chuck it, when I was sitting outside hampden after the poland game.....listening to his interview he thanked the players and only felt for them........No mention of fans...... tonight was the same spiel except he did eventually include the fans.....also bizarrely he said they had given us a couple of away days to cheer over the last couple of years.? I can't recall them.

21 minutes ago, deso1 said:

He almost made me chuck it, when I was sitting outside hampden after the poland game.....listening to his interview he thanked the players and only felt for them........No mention of fans...... tonight was the same spiel except he did eventually include the fans.....also bizarrely he said they had given us a couple of away days to cheer over the last couple of years.? I can't recall them.

The only away days I can think of would be Croatia and Macedonia in 2013, neither of which mean a damn think as we were already out

last night was grim no other words for it the 2nd goal defenders hopeless and then 3 midfielders all standing in line with penalty spot. same at 1st goal with about 5 on line. then corner when our centre half martin was outwith the area of the goalposts at a corner. unbelievable jeff as the saying goes. also i am still raging that burke wasnt even stripped we had no one until griffiths came on that would run behind their defence. i had this discussion after sat game with some idiot saying he burke was lazy in defence, he is a direct runner not a fkn right back who caused problems and panic whenever he had a run at lithuania on saturday. Everyone in football knows that pace is a godsend if your players have it and in this day and age players who can run at defenders and beat them or get you up the pitch are the same. we had not one bit of pace in the team last night and as much as i like snodgrass i dont think ive ever seen him play wide left. Strachan needs to go and he needs to explain why no burke/griffiths/or robertson who i have heard was injured but not confirmed. we had 2 goalkeepers on subs bench but not a £13 million player in the bundesliga. Anyone who just came back from the moon would say our manager must be undercover working for slovakia fa. And end of rant but i was in faro last year and it was embarrasing so all you fannys who cheered him and who just go for the party can also fk off coz in my view people like yourselves have helped bring this great game that we used to be good at to the levels that we are now at with no optimism and just general doom and gloom and some of you should be on a political board also.