Bye bye Gordon - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bye bye Gordon

Squirrelhumper

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Point taken but he left before completing what he started. Also lets not forget he, like Strachan, suffered a loss in Georgia that ended up costing us qualification.

Was that game not under mcleish?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Also lets not forget he, like Strachan, suffered a loss in Georgia that ended up costing us qualification.

No, he really didn't :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If you are going to try and be clever with facts, at least get them right. 

Smith had one game against Georgia and won.

Still cannot call Smith a success until he achieved anything. Had he stayed loyal to Scotland then who knows but cannot be called a success but concede you couldn't call his tenure a failure.

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If you are going to try and be clever with facts, at least get them right. 

Smith had one game against Georgia and won.

I think it was Mcleish first game in charge against Georgia at home.  Big Craig Beattie with last minute shinned winner i Think.

Beilsa, Pelligrini, Martino, Rijkaard, Martin Jol, Hiddink and Villas Boas all good managers and all without a job. 

The majority of them may knock it back but it's worth asking the question and maybe offering them a salary that would make them think twice.An excellent foreign coach should be the priority.

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

Beilsa, Pelligrini, Martino, Rijkaard, Martin Jol, Hiddink and Villas Boas all good managers and all without a job. 

The majority of them may knock it back but it's worth asking the question and maybe offering them a salary that would make them think twice.An excellent foreign coach should be the priority.

I heart Bielsa. 

Bielsa seems to be the number one choice judging by the posts on here. 

What's the big deal with him?  How will he make us any better?

I admit to knowing he-haw about the guy so genuinely interested in opinions while I check out his career. 

7 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Bielsa seems to be the number one choice judging by the posts on here. 

What's the big deal with him?  How will he make us any better?

I admit to knowing he-haw about the guy so genuinely interested in opinions while I check out his career. 

I'd doubt he'd come but it'd be an ambitious and bold appointment from the SFA. 

Without meaning to sound patronising (i'm led to believe i can come across that way sometimes... ;) ), you should read a bit about him. A very interesting and tactically astute coach. 

He demands a lot of his players but what he will do is ensure that every single one of them knows their role inside out. They'll know where on the pitch they should be when we have and haven't got the ball. 

Most of all, he'd make watching Scotland tremendous fun. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd doubt he'd come but it'd be an ambitious and bold appointment from the SFA. 

Without meaning to sound patronising (i'm led to believe i can come across that way sometimes... ;) ), you should read a bit about him. A very interesting and tactically astute coach. 

He demands a lot of his players but what he will do is ensure that every single one of them knows their role inside out. They'll know where on the pitch they should be when we have and haven't got the ball. 

Most of all, he'd make watching Scotland tremendous fun. 

Monty fuk Parkie. He might well be the best football coach the world has ever seen but he's no Merlin the Magician.:lol: Watching Scotland isn't supposed to be fun. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I would be happy with Tata Martino or AVB from that list.

Pellegrini is at a Chinese club, only found that out during an Andy Murray match that he was at last week.

As I have already said, the assistants would have to be Scottish and also, does Tata and Marcello speak English?