Next manager - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next manager

Bennyal

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Sounness and McLeish are finished with management and wouldn't be interested in this job anyway.

Who is "Walter" ? I don't know any manager of that surname. Do you mean Walter Smith ? You keep using his first name exclusively so I presume your good friends with him.

Yes I do mean Walter smith... He is a real real good personal friend of mine.

I think it would have taken be a manager out of work, surely no one is going to leave a job to take over as Scotland boss. They will get the rest of this campaign as a free hit then when we inevitably bomb in the next Euro qualifiers we can start the search all over again 

9 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Lambert and Collins

That just feels like another couple names that have failed and failed until get Scotland job.

Collins ends up hated by the players of clubs he is at. Need a set up players look forward going away to not another arrogant twat like Collins.

The best set up we had in recent years was with Smith a defensive coach  who organised the team and players enjoyed going away to play for Scotland.

It is imperative that we get someone in who literally has minimal knowledge of the scottish game. Someone who has no club ties, doesn't know any of the SFA, has got any pals in the scottish game, isn't steeped in scottish mediocrity and certainly one who doesn't harp on about passion being a reasonable substitute for technical ability. 

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

It is imperative that we get someone in who literally has minimal knowledge of the scottish game. Someone who has no club ties, doesn't know any of the SFA, has got any pals in the scottish game, isn't steeped in scottish mediocrity and certainly one who doesn't harp on about passion being a reasonable substitute for technical ability. 

Aww naw ! You can't throw our traditions oot the windae !

It's got to be "one of oor ain". These foreigners come in with heir fancy ideas thinking they know better than oor guys........

The above is pretty much the average response from those who oppose a foreigner managing Scotland.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

23 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'd love to see Bielsa in charge. 

I would give my left bollock to get him. He's a f u cling crackpot, but by god he'll teach those guys how to play football and also have them as fit as a fiddle. We should be on the blower to his agent just now and asking him to name their price.

1 minute ago, Marky said:

Anybody watch the Nigels' game?

They were very lucky to take a point. 

This is just a sh1te group full of sh1te teams. Shame we're the sh1test of them all. 

We will be competing with Malta for 5th spot at this rate

49 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'd love to see Bielsa in charge. 

Bielsa is a good shout.
We certainly have the players to suit his high tempo, high press style.

The SFA should just ask Lars Lagerback what he wants, though, and get it over and done with.
The team needs a structure and organisation that can get the best out of them and Lagerback has proved he can bring that.

It HAS to be someone with experience in England or abroad plus HAS done well in Europe.

Strachan and McGhee are not these guys and its showing and that is why it can't be a Scot.

To be frank, I do not give a shit who it is, as long as they HAVE BEEN SUCCESFUL at club level.

Nevio Scala or Marcelo Bielsa for me.

4 minutes ago, Shaun said:

It HAS to be someone with experience in England or abroad plus HAS done well in Europe.

Strachan and McGhee are not these guys and its showing and that is why it can't be a Scot.

To be frank, I do not give a shit who it is, as long as they HAVE BEEN SUCCESFUL at club level.

Nevio Scala or Marcelo Bielsa for me.

Craig Brown was not a man who had success at club level, I am personally of the opinion the two are vastly different. And yes I am aware that was 15 odd years ago that he was successful, either someone trained from within (which we don't have anymore) or someone perhaps failed as club manager now with something to prove who is not looking at this gig as a retirement plan. 

I want Lambert in, someone with bravery to try new plans, heck allot\t of failure also but also with regrets and mulled over what he would have done differently.