Next manager - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next manager

Bennyal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MorayCupMan
7 minutes ago, stocky said:

Martinez would have been my choice....  Hopefully Belgium sack him

Oh I ...he would sort the shoddy defenders out....:lol:....behave

Lets stop talking about the next manager until strachan leaves.

If he does, i think we need to look outside Scotland again. Last 3 have not worked. Unless Ferguson wants the job or maybe Mcleish again. We need to go foreign (and english/irish/welsh is an option)

I was rereading the thread and Malky Mackay was a guy I felt deserved more caps, but sadly has a controversial history. A name I'd admired and would be a good fit and talented would be Chris Hughton. Not an illustrious career but has organized teams that meet expectations, throw in Gary McAlister as his assistant, Davie Weir or if he's qualified Christian Dailly sign them up for three years with Dailly getting a promotion would be a winning move. We need some continuity amongst coaches, I'd like the assistant be be groomed to be the top man and promote from within. Actually in that scenario a Largerback, Hiddink or Ferguson would be ideally suited. Or you sign a young guy and get Ferguson hired as a mentor would be amazing. 

We need somebody who is not like Strachan.....such as a guy who know how to organise a defence, change tactics during a game, not scared to try out players on form and drop guys who are playing....ohh  and somebody who uses friendlies to try fringe players.  Best fit for me is a guy who has managed or been assistant manager in a top league, has played at highest level and is Scottish.  Joe Jordan, Souness, Dalgleish, McLeish, Eric Black, Steve Clark,....Lambert is at wolves but he may move, 

A left field choice...Darren Ferguson,,,,his da might help him oot.

3 minutes ago, bigfathagiz said:

We need somebody who is not like Strachan.....such as a guy who know how to organise a defence, change tactics during a game, not scared to try out players on form and drop guys who are playing....ohh  and somebody who uses friendlies to try fringe players.  Best fit for me is a guy who has managed or been assistant manager in a top league, has played at highest level and is Scottish.  Joe Jordan, Souness, Dalgleish, McLeish, Eric Black, Steve Clark,....Lambert is at wolves but he may move, 

Why does the manager have to be a Scot ? 

There is no way in hell that Jordan, Souness (who has said he is finished with management), Dalglish or McLeish would want to take charge of our rank rotten third rate national team.

Why would Lambert leave a job he's only been in five minutes for our pish national team ?

Eric Black is a fecking jinx. Ever seen the list of clubs he's been employed as coach and/or manager at since 1999 ? It's huge - Celtic, Motherwell, Coventry, Birmingham, Sunderland, Blackburn, Blackpool, Rotherham and Aston Villa - sacked by every one of them. He's now at Southampton and also being investigated for dodgy deals with agents. 

Em, Darren Ferguson ? :blink: You might as well add in Derek Adams while we're at it with Jim Jeffries as director of football.

I totally agree regarding keeping this thread quiet until this time on Friday when, its over 75% that GS will have announced his resignation.

Joe Jordan is a good shout BUT has no experience as a manager.   

I agree that Lambert will not leave Wolves this early after getting the Wolves job.

AVB or Nevio Scala with Gary McAllister as number 2 for me.

Frank De Boer a shout lol?

Doubt Strachan is going anywhere until the end of the campaign.

And even if he did the SFA are not capable of identifying and recruiting a hotshit but yet under-recognized managerial talent let alone then giving them the power using their restructuring of Scottish Football to make a name for themselves... by us simply qualifying for a tournament never mind what Iceland did.

The managers we have are generally pish because the folk picking them and running our game are far far pisher and have been for far longer.. we are rotting from the head down and the stink is near intolerable now.

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Doubt Strachan is going anywhere until the end of the campaign.

And even if he did the SFA are not capable of identifying and recruiting a hotshit but yet under-recognized managerial talent let alone then giving them the power using their restructuring of Scottish Football to make a name for themselves... by us simply qualifying for a tournament never mind what Iceland did.

The managers we have are generally pish because the folk picking them and running our game are far far pisher and have been for far longer.. we are rotting from the head down and the stink is near intolerable now.

Post...

You seem all most as negative as iam about the whole set up....Biggest f**k up I have known supporting Scotland 30 years..I have no doubt.

4 hours ago, bigfathagiz said:

Crack cocaine really fcks you up eh?