Here we go again.... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Here we go again....

not a celtic apologist but a bit of a joke that the Record have implied that it's celtic that dodged tax.

How their employees invest their cash is nothing to do with them. It even says in the article that these schemes were used by hundreds of high net worth individuals

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Desperate attempt to paint Celtic same as them.

We've done nothing wrong, they cheated.

Our kit man is a legend theirs is a bigot.

We have Kieran Tierney and they have Lee Wallace.

We have nearly 130 years of history and they have 4.

You being a Celtic fan and feeling it is against your club, is normal patter and you can be forgiven for that, as it is inbred.  I read it and didn't think it was in any shape or form aimed at the club.  It mentions individuals from a few clubs.  Grow up, is all that I would add.  

31 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You being a Celtic fan and feeling it is against your club, is normal patter and you can be forgiven for that, as it is inbred.  I read it and didn't think it was in any shape or form aimed at the club.  It mentions individuals from a few clubs.  Grow up, is all that I would add.  

The headline was "Celtic and the tax dodge firm"

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

Avoiding contributing their share by paying less tax than they should i.e. tax dodging.

Yeah, the individuals concerned are tax dodging, the club hasn't. The Daily Record are just making sure they have ''Celtic' and 'tax dodging' in the url so they get as many clicks as they can.

39 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

No the headline  was "Celtic chief Peter Lawwell among club figures linked to £434million tax dodge" it doesn't say the club is linked.

The front page of the Daily Record literally says "Celtic and the tax dodge firm - Record investigation"

Guest BlueGaz
50 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

No the headline  was "Celtic chief Peter Lawwell among club figures linked to £434million tax dodge" it doesn't say the club is linked.

Shhh, that doesn't fit in with his argument.

18 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Surely the fair thing to do, would be to strip them of all those runners up medals......

Most succesful club alive in Scotland they are! Quite naturally theres also some "2nds" in the massive amount of "1sts" they won. There ll be plenty more "1sts" to come in the next years. :-)

48 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

the thread title seems to make this appropriate

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-could-finally-quit-9035301

the solution to the Cartel is to create a smaller version of the cartel

I wonder how so many celtic employees found out about the scheme?  It could be that they found out about it at meeting, say maybe contract talks.