Is There anyone else as crazy as me - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is There anyone else as crazy as me

deso1

Change the manager / central defense /  and play some pace in the team.

win at Wembley and snowball from there.

I honestly was happy after the matches last nite........... arguably we are 2pts behind where we should be.

England are 2pts behind where they should be

Slovakia are 6pts behind where they should be.

Lithuania/Slovenia well ahead but vulnerable.

THIS TIME lol

39 minutes ago, deso1 said:

Change the manager / central defense /  and play some pace in the team.

win at Wembley and snowball from there.

I honestly was happy after the matches last nite........... arguably we are 2pts behind where we should be.

England are 2pts behind where they should be

Slovakia are 6pts behind where they should be.

Lithuania/Slovenia well ahead but vulnerable.

THIS TIME lol

Yer on smack

Just now, vanderark14 said:

There is nothing in the way we are playing that suggests we are in a position to win a group, there is also no recent history of us winning a group.

This is the problem.

Its a very ordinary group. England are there for the taking at the moment by the looks of it, unfortunately we aren't good enough to take advantage.

We've drawn at home with Lithuania, and been pumped by Slovakia, the Malta result flattered us, we were toiling in that game too.

Looking at previous world cup qualifying groups you pretty much need 12 points outwith points picked up from the bottom side to make the play offs assuming you get second (remember worst 2ND place misses out).

Taking that into account and looking at our group I think we need 13 points outwith points gained against Malta in order to finish second and avoid being worst second place team.

Therefor we need 12 points from the following matches:

- England (h)

- England (a)

- Lithuania (a)

- Slovakia (h)

- Slovenia (h)

- Slovenia (a)

Two years ago and with decent form I'd say it's possible but having not won a game against teams other than bottom seeds in 2 years then I don't see how we can be confident. Winning the group.........pie in the sky stuff.

Get a new manager may give us a sniff and some impetus, but likely it's too late. ?

Edited by dezmondo

I think 13 points would see us 2nd. That's including the Malta game. so..

assuming we can secure the following:
beat slovenia at home, win in lithuania, win against malta

Then we still need to either.. draw everything.. or get a really good win either against England, Slovakia at our place or Slovenia away.
It's not an easy path, that's for sure. but it is doable.. just maybe not with the team we keep going for.