problem with buses - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

problem with buses

eddie huggins

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total shambles before the game. Buses not numbered, nobody checking folks names off as they were getting on. Too many people on our bus so they wouldn't leave until some got back off. Made the ground 10 minutes before kick off.

Didn't bother even looking to find a bus to get us back, just headed straight to the train station and got the football special back.

Edited by ClanDerby

Just been speaking to a couple of guys at Oslo airport who missed out on buses etc.

The organiser(I think we all know who)had allegedly been on the sauce since 8am and made no effort to help out, jumped on his bus and left.

Really is beyond a joke, folk missed the game because of him and many are out of pocket.

I'm assuming this is in relation to the buses that ran from the Crowne Plaza hotel. Indeed it was a bit of shambles. I don't know nor have I met the guy responsible for the overall organisation of these and the booking was made through another guy in our group. It certainly could have been planned out a lot better.

I would however like to thank the guy that convened Bus 4 clearly the guy had been let down and in my opinion done the best job he could given the obvious issues occurring.

I don't know who the guy is but well done sir and thanks for your efforts it was appreciated.

21 hours ago, eddie huggins said:

anybody else left in trnava like my mates after booking buses

organiser away in first bus and no stewards on the rest

had to get the train

Aye, a was supposed to be on bus 8.  Got wrist band etc from the steward and waited way a group of boys from Aberdeen n Dundee (I think) in the pissing rain outside the Crown Plaza then after the other buses left we got told bus 8 wasn't coming.  We were too late to make the trip so went to the pub n watched it.  Gutted.

13 minutes ago, JD1980 said:

Aye, a was supposed to be on bus 8.  Got wrist band etc from the steward and waited way a group of boys from Aberdeen n Dundee (I think) in the pissing rain outside the Crown Plaza then after the other buses left we got told bus 8 wasn't coming.  We were too late to make the trip so went to the pub n watched it.  Gutted.

Why didn't you take the train?

Just now, wubbs said:

Why didn't you take the train?

By the time we got told the bus wasn't coming it was too late, the other buses had left n a had no idea where the station was anyway. If you pay for a place on a bus you should be able to assume that it will at least turn up or you'll get a bit of notice if its cancelled so you can make other plans

31 minutes ago, eddie huggins said:

i await rab mcdermotts reply

i hear he s still at hampden pleading with  regan to fire strachan

Still in Bratislava living it up. Must be on a good wage or have a good batch of money available to make a week of it for every trip :spin:

1 hour ago, sjc1987 said:

Still in Bratislava living it up. Must be on a good wage or have a good batch of money available to make a week of it for every trip :spin:

Aye that extra bus that everyone paid for and never turned up, I'm sure he'll refund them :ph34r:

Edited by CallumAyr

2 hours ago, eddie huggins said:

i await rab mcdermotts reply

i hear he s still at hampden pleading with  regan to fire strachan

If you go to his Facebook page ( if you aren't banned ) you'll see his reply.

it is, and I quote " 1 bus out of 8 never showed up :lol::lol::lol::lol: "

This guy is a charlatan, ripping guys off at every opportunity. How others seem to see him like some sort of leader is beyond me. 

running buses is a nightmare My buses fecked off after they dropped us off they eventually turmed up after the game we had a wait then a couple of false dawnsfor thr second bus but it turned up but I was n the phone to the bus compay kicking up all the time the first bus was filled but no way was i going till the second bus turned up, i it did not i was piling everyone onto one bus,

now the buses that left later for the gme  was silly it's common sense to get there as early as possible it gives you time to get onto the bus company if one does not turn up but to laugh about it is fecking ridiculous those 50 odd people missed a game they travelled thousands of miles to see it aint a laughing matter

Was meant to be on one of Greystane's buses. Picked up my wristbands from him at the Loch Ness early doors and was told the buses were leaving from the main coach station (as it also says on his thread on here) but he said to come back to the pub @ 6pm and we'd all leave from there. Went back to the pub just before 6 - no-one there so we got a taxi to the coach station. Around 40-50 TA folks there, no sign of the buses. Someone eventually got in touch with him and we were told the buses were leaving from somewhere else entirely and that we'd all been given maps to that location - which was rubbish. By this time it was approaching 7pm so we booked a couple of Ubers instead at a cost of €70 and made it to Trnava in plenty of time for the game (unfortunately!)

After the game we finally found the bus we were meant to be on but it was already full and the driver was going to leave us behind. We argued with him and showed our wristbands to prove we were meant to be on bus 3 and he eventually relented and let us on, but I had to stand the whole way back to Bratislava.

I know it's not easy running buses - I did it for 6 years for my Aberdeen supporters club and now do it for the TA club formerly known as HBETA - but this was a shambles and we were left seriously out of pocket. I have messaged him to ask for a refund...

42 minutes ago, watershed said:

running buses is a nightmare My buses fecked off after they dropped us off they eventually turmed up after the game we had a wait then a couple of false dawnsfor thr second bus but it turned up but I was n the phone to the bus compay kicking up all the time the first bus was filled but no way was i going till the second bus turned up, i it did not i was piling everyone onto one bus,

You did well mate, efforts much appreciated by our party and everyone could see you had it in hand.

2 hours ago, Graham of Montrose said:

If you go to his Facebook page ( if you aren't banned ) you'll see his reply.

it is, and I quote " 1 bus out of 8 never showed up :lol::lol::lol::lol: "

This guy is a charlatan, ripping guys off at every opportunity. How others seem to see him like some sort of leader is beyond me. 

Aye, noticed his reply to that. Hilarious stuff eh? The guy is a total ringpiece ?

2 hours ago, watershed said:

...but no way was i going till the second bus turned up, i it did not i was piling everyone onto one bus...

1 hour ago, captain said:

You did well mate, efforts much appreciated by our party and everyone could see you had it in hand.

Agreed!   Thanks Watershed, you and your folks.

Spoke to a few lads after the game who due to issues with busses never made the game. Some proper horror stories, must be gutting travelling all that distance & missing the game (even though we were dire!). 

I just hope lessons are learned in the future & nothing like this happens again. 

A lot of negativity flying around so worth giving those that organised busses successfully a lot of credit & others that managed to resolve issues that happened with their busses. 

Lyonhibs especially, thank you!