problem with buses - Page 2 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

problem with buses

eddie huggins

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Rory said:

Spoke to a few lads after the game who due to issues with busses never made the game. Some proper horror stories, must be gutting travelling all that distance & missing the game (even though we were dire!). 

I just hope lessons are learned in the future & nothing like this happens again. 

A lot of negativity flying around so worth giving those that organised busses successfully a lot of credit & others that managed to resolve issues that happened with their busses. 

Lyonhibs especially, thank you! 

No problems. I'd never have done it if I didn't know the bus company were kosher in advance through work.  Although feck organising more than a couple of buses. 1 lad organising 8 aye?  

Ambitious doesn't even begin to cover it.

No it doesn't help the guys that missed the match etc, but a booked ma bus through inveruie tartan army , and everything went a dream, so I would like to thank not just them but every army section who ran buses for lots of people.

We were on Bus 2 run by Greystane and thought the organisation was excellent.  Picked up our wristbands just after 3pm, the bus park where we were to get on bus was clearly marked on a map for us and we were told to be back at Loch Ness pub between 5pm and 6pm.  Nearly all 4 buses were filled on time but maybe another 20 turned up later (not sure how when all the rest managed to find the place ok)

anyway buses left at 7pm when they were supposed to and were all lined up outside stadium for return journey. 

Thanks for all your effort - much appreciated

Zanders buses were great and would like to thank him and the inverurie lads especially [ross i think on bus 3]for organising them for us.I know the hassle in doing these sort of things so for them to do that was great

On 10/13/2016 at 3:38 PM, Tartan Sheep said:

Was meant to be on one of Greystane's buses. Picked up my wristbands from him at the Loch Ness early doors and was told the buses were leaving from the main coach station (as it also says on his thread on here) but he said to come back to the pub @ 6pm and we'd all leave from there. Went back to the pub just before 6 - no-one there so we got a taxi to the coach station. Around 40-50 TA folks there, no sign of the buses. Someone eventually got in touch with him and we were told the buses were leaving from somewhere else entirely and that we'd all been given maps to that location - which was rubbish. By this time it was approaching 7pm so we booked a couple of Ubers instead at a cost of €70 and made it to Trnava in plenty of time for the game (unfortunately!)

After the game we finally found the bus we were meant to be on but it was already full and the driver was going to leave us behind. We argued with him and showed our wristbands to prove we were meant to be on bus 3 and he eventually relented and let us on, but I had to stand the whole way back to Bratislava.

I know it's not easy running buses - I did it for 6 years for my Aberdeen supporters club and now do it for the TA club formerly known as HBETA - but this was a shambles and we were left seriously out of pocket. I have messaged him to ask for a refund...

Aye, similar problem for us

At the bus station in plenty of time, no sign of any buses, could easily have made it to an alternative leaving point if the boy had bothered to answer his phone

Had to get a taxi to Trnava, got the bus back at least but nae happy with how that was organised

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What's the Facebook page?

The old TAMBers page which McDermott had control off is now called a Tartan Army McTartanface. New admins including Craig Couper and Sexpest.

McDermott has now renamed his other page from STAFF to TAMBers. And changed it from "secret" to "closed" to try and get more members seeing as having 2000 members isn't as appealing as 8000+

Apparently there was 900 bans on the TAMcTF board when new admins took control. A fair few of them spam but obviously not all. McDermott refers to the TAMcTF board as "his", not the Tartan Army, not a fans page but his page.

24 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

The old TAMBers page which McDermott had control off is now called a Tartan Army McTartanface. New admins including Craig Couper and Sexpest.

McDermott has now renamed his other page from STAFF to TAMBers. And changed it from "secret" to "closed" to try and get more members seeing as having 2000 members isn't as appealing as 8000+

Apparently there was 900 bans on the TAMcTF board when new admins took control. A fair few of them spam but obviously not all. McDermott refers to the TAMcTF board as "his", not the Tartan Army, not a fans page but his page.

He has removed all other Admin and Mod's from his Tamber page so that should be a source of balanced information now!!!

There is actually some really weird stuff goes on the Tamber page. One guy who was booked on Bus 8 which never showed up has posted to thank him for organizing the buses even though the guy admits he had subsequently missed the game due to the bus no turning up^?^.

47 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

Dont get it. Craig and sexpest are well-knowngood guys. Cannot see they, d be involved.

McDermotts been booted off the original Tamber page that they are now involved with McTartanface or something. He has now changed the name of his other facebook page to Tambers just to confuse things more. Certainly not to be trusted is McDermott.

On 14/10/2016 at 9:39 AM, Ak 47 said:

No it doesn't help the guys that missed the match etc, but a booked ma bus through inveruie tartan army , and everything went a dream, so I would like to thank not just them but every army section who ran buses for lots of people.

On 14/10/2016 at 10:36 AM, BAS2013 said:

Inverurie busses were excellent tbh and had no issues at all

20 hours ago, Doric said:

Zanders from Inveruries buses were excellent. Back in no time and believe we had the best price. Well done Zander.

19 hours ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

Zanders buses were great and would like to thank him and the inverurie lads especially [ross i think on bus 3]for organising them for us.I know the hassle in doing these sort of things so for them to do that was great

19 hours ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

Another 3 of us on Inverurie TA bus, very well organised, no issues for us. Thanks for organising Zander!! :)

19 hours ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

Many thanks to all that came on the buses and made it a success. I'm just glad everything went smoothly. Hope everyone enjoyed there day up in Trnava before the game. 

Big thanks to Graeme (Couttsy) and Ross (Ellon Ta) for the help convening bus 2 & 3! 

Cheers 

Zander

On 13/10/2016 at 10:29 AM, JD1980 said:

Aye, a was supposed to be on bus 8.  Got wrist band etc from the steward and waited way a group of boys from Aberdeen n Dundee (I think) in the pissing rain outside the Crown Plaza then after the other buses left we got told bus 8 wasn't coming.  We were too late to make the trip so went to the pub n watched it.  Gutted.

Have you been refunded for this?

I was speaking with a couple of boys at the airport and they claimed to be on a bus ran by another TA and paid £10 a seat. I paid £15. I accept that the price of coach hires can vary but as a rough sum then at capacity each bus from the Crowne Plaza was potentially clearing an additional £250 a bus x what 8 buses? ..... £2000. Against the £10 a seat cost.

Can someone correct me here please, surely to fk an individual has not pocketed this amount? Was this being donated to the childrens charity or sunshine appeal? As I said the hire cost may have resulted in £15 a seat and if that's the case fair enough. Equally the TA club may have subsidized the cost of their bus.

I would be interested to learn what the cost was and apologies if I'm picking this up wrong. Could the lead organiser of these state what the hire cost was please? It seems to be suggested on this thread that the individual has pocketed cash, this may or may not be the case I don't know so could the individual please clarify the costs?

Also it was another guy in my group who had sorted the bus booking so I had no direct contact with whomever it was that was booking these.

ST#7 by my reckoning ryanair must have made a fortune of the TA over the last week.maybe they should make a large donation to charity as well.if it bothers you if an individual is making money don,t use them and make your own arrangements or organise the next bus for no profit yourself!btw i made my own arrangements to trnava.

Just my opinion but if someone is organising buses via a club or themselves and it's not for profit then you are prepared to cut them a certain amount of slack if things go wrong. 

My expectation would be a lot different if it was someone who was making a tidy profit out of it.  At the very least I'd expect that person to be the last one to leave, to make sure that everyone was accounted for and that everyone had a way of getting back, be that by getting them on other buses or sorting out taxis, at his expense