problem with buses - Page 3 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

problem with buses

eddie huggins

5 hours ago, ST#7 said:

Can someone correct me here please, surely to fk an individual has not pocketed this amount? Was this being donated to the childrens charity or sunshine appeal? As I said the hire cost may have resulted in £15 a seat and if that's the case fair enough. Equally the TA club may have subsidized the cost of their bus.

Definitely not TASA.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, aaid said:

Just my opinion but if someone is organising buses via a club or themselves and it's not for profit then you are prepared to cut them a certain amount of slack if things go wrong. 

My expectation would be a lot different if it was someone who was making a tidy profit out of it.  At the very least I'd expect that person to be the last one to leave, to make sure that everyone was accounted for and that everyone had a way of getting back, be that by getting them on other buses or sorting out taxis, at his expense

Agreed!

16 hours ago, ST#7 said:

Have you been refunded for this?

I was speaking with a couple of boys at the airport and they claimed to be on a bus ran by another TA and paid £10 a seat. I paid £15. I accept that the price of coach hires can vary but as a rough sum then at capacity each bus from the Crowne Plaza was potentially clearing an additional £250 a bus x what 8 buses? ..... £2000. Against the £10 a seat cost.

Can someone correct me here please, surely to fk an individual has not pocketed this amount? Was this being donated to the childrens charity or sunshine appeal? As I said the hire cost may have resulted in £15 a seat and if that's the case fair enough. Equally the TA club may have subsidized the cost of their bus.

I would be interested to learn what the cost was and apologies if I'm picking this up wrong. Could the lead organiser of these state what the hire cost was please? It seems to be suggested on this thread that the individual has pocketed cash, this may or may not be the case I don't know so could the individual please clarify the costs?

Also it was another guy in my group who had sorted the bus booking so I had no direct contact with whomever it was that was booking these.

Nope, never got a refund and haven't heard from the person involved.  From what I've seen on Facebook it was the bus companies fault, but that doesn't make up for travelling to Slovakia and then having to watch the game in a pub after paying for a bus in the first place.  But lesson learned, won't be getting caught out like that again! 

25 minutes ago, JD1980 said:

Nope, never got a refund and haven't heard from the person involved.  From what I've seen on Facebook it was the bus companies fault, but that doesn't make up for travelling to Slovakia and then having to watch the game in a pub after paying for a bus in the first place.  But lesson learned, won't be getting caught out like that again! 

Be careful what you read on pusbook. That charlatan has a wee teenage fanclub who kiss his arse no matter how much he shafts people.

19 hours ago, braveheart said:

ST#7 by my reckoning ryanair must have made a fortune of the TA over the last week.maybe they should make a large donation to charity as well.if it bothers you if an individual is making money don,t use them and make your own arrangements or organise the next bus for no profit yourself!btw i made my own arrangements to trnava.

Like raising money for charity by selling scratch cards?

6 hours ago, JD1980 said:

You don't seem that bothered about the whole thing. I'd be raging if it was me and doing all I can to get my cash back. I know it was only £15 or whatever but that's no the point. All the way to Slovakia for the game but having to sit in a pub to watch on tv while the organiser does a runner on the first bus?!?

You think if it was pay on the bus rather than pre-paid he'd have escaped on the first bus? Con-man. 

On 10/14/2016 at 5:00 PM, mariokempes56 said:

Would it be correct to assume that there were problems with one bus organiser only ?

Nope. There was those 8 where 1 never turned up and another bunch of 4 where some people were given the wrong directions for the pick up point; we were meant to be on this one.

I was told to my face that we would get a refund which doesn't make up for the money shelled out or more the stress that caused our group. still waiting for it and trying to be patient.

On 16 October 2016 at 10:21 AM, ST#7 said:

Have you been refunded for this?

I was speaking with a couple of boys at the airport and they claimed to be on a bus ran by another TA and paid £10 a seat. I paid £15. I accept that the price of coach hires can vary but as a rough sum then at capacity each bus from the Crowne Plaza was potentially clearing an additional £250 a bus x what 8 buses? ..... £2000. Against the £10 a seat cost.

I would be interested to learn what the cost was and apologies if I'm picking this up wrong. Could the lead organiser of these state what the hire cost was please? It seems to be suggested on this thread that the individual has pocketed cash, this may or may not be the case I don't know so could the individual please clarify the costs?

Also it was another guy in my group who had sorted the bus booking so I had no direct contact with whomever it was that was booking these.

hi mate

I ran two buses the cost per head was £11 a skull, I charged 12 quid a skull the excess monies was dontated to TASA, I made no personel gan from my buses ( paid the same as everyone else).

7 hours ago, McTeeko said:

You don't seem that bothered about the whole thing. I'd be raging if it was me and doing all I can to get my cash back. I know it was only £15 or whatever but that's no the point. All the way to Slovakia for the game but having to sit in a pub to watch on tv while the organiser does a runner on the first bus?!?

You think if it was pay on the bus rather than pre-paid he'd have escaped on the first bus? Con-man. 

I was majorly pissed off at the time and to be honest it has scunnered me a bit.  I was lucky enough to end up in a pub way other guys that were in the same position as me and a end up having a great night, but that doesn't detract from travelling 1400 odd miles to watch the game in a pub! If I had known before hand that there may have been an issue way the travel I'd have sorted an alternative route, such as working out nearest train station n times etc but if you pay someone for a service you don't expect to then get left stranded.  But as a said, I won't be making that mistake again!

13 hours ago, Ormond said:

Be careful what you read on pusbook. That charlatan has a wee teenage fanclub who kiss his arse no matter how much he shafts people.

I know, there seems to be 3 or 4 different groups on Facebook and constant name changes etc so don't know whats going on there but I defo won't be getting caught out like that again! 

We were on bus 6 due to leave the Crowne Plaza at 7.15 - but thought fook it that's too late - so got the train at 4.oclock to Trnava - 2.5 euros and plenty of time for a few bevvies in Trnava. Managed to find the bus eventually for the way back - otherwise would have got the train at 11.15.

We were on Zander's bus (3) and had no problems whatsoever. A big thank you to Zander for organising the buses and to the guy (sorry don't know your name!!) for the organisation on bus 3. Would definitely book with Zander again at any future games