What is your tipping point? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What is your tipping point?

Chief

I was thinking to myself last night that the 2 England games might be my last going to watch Scotland, yes I am in a low mood and goes against my usual state of mind. 

The Lithuania game was a chore and I am struggling to justify going anymore. Expense, quality of football, the constant let downs...

Probably in a months time preparing to go to London I will be over this feeling but this double header has challenged my support more than any other. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im with you mate, when it goes wrong its so depressing as its that long to wait for another chance of qualifying. its his decision making that i also think has got everyone so pissed off. no one can win every game but the amount of times he goes and picks someone other than who the majority would just gets everyone mad and want him out. i have 2 boys now 15 and 11 and they have never had a thing to cheer other than last year home v ireland and my eldests first game v georgia (beattie last minute winner) and other games in that qualifyimg, that frustrates the life out of me and i can see how they wonder why i get so excited at the start of every tournament as they think we have no chance.

My tipping point was the last campaign - it's not often I make a correct call but for once I was sadly right when I thought that worse lay ahead.

I had been going to games since the '80s and now I'm out the habit I doubt I'll be back (although never say never).

After watching the Lithuania game I thought 'if we lose this, I cant see me going to another home qualifier (bar the England game) this campaign', as im absolutely fed up watching football that bad, being charged £30 for the priviledge of the entertainment, in a half empty stadium, with a frankly garbage atmosphere.  Going to Wembley next month & will go the home game against them, but for the first time in years I actually feel like I would rather save my money than go to games against Malta, Slovakia & Slovenia at Hampden.  Wont be travelling to any away game after Wembley for this campaign either & at the moment, see no real need to have an SSC membership next campaign, tickets are easy to come by these days

Iv honestly never been this disillusioned with the national team

41 minutes ago, Chief said:

I was thinking to myself last night that the 2 England games might be my last going to watch Scotland, yes I am in a low mood and goes against my usual state of mind. 

The Lithuania game was a chore and I am struggling to justify going anymore. Expense, quality of football, the constant let downs...

Probably in a months time preparing to go to London I will be over this feeling but this double header has challenged my support more than any other. 

Same here, Lithuania was a chore to go to. Usually I can't wait to get the ground but I was late and missed kick off and didn't care, I also left early. Since moving further away I don't think I can justify the travelling, time off or expense anymore.

Guest BlueGaz

Time for a break for me too now.  Seriously questioning going to London, but probably will.  If England were doing well at the moment I would def not go, but as they are struggling a bit too, might still go.  No more games at home though, will see if i renew come end of next year. Maybe I will be missing it by then.

4 hours ago, Dunoon_Ton said:

After watching the Lithuania game I thought 'if we lose this, I cant see me going to another home qualifier (bar the England game) this campaign', as im absolutely fed up watching football that bad, being charged £30 for the priviledge of the entertainment, in a half empty stadium, with a frankly garbage atmosphere.  Going to Wembley next month & will go the home game against them, but for the first time in years I actually feel like I would rather save my money than go to games against Malta, Slovakia & Slovenia at Hampden.  Wont be travelling to any away game after Wembley for this campaign either & at the moment, see no real need to have an SSC membership next campaign, tickets are easy to come by these days

Iv honestly never been this disillusioned with the national team

There was a fair number of people who saw this coming and didn't renew. 

If more people voted with their feet it would force change from the SFA. Not strictly a go at you, it's just annoying how many happy clappers will persist. 

On a totally separate issue, there's clearly no point in having a SSC membership anymore, we needed far more official tickets last night and the ground was far from sold out, I can only presume the SSC didn't even ask for more tickets to satisfy demand seeing as the ground was half empty. 

Edited by Chief

4 hours ago, Regenmann said:

My tipping point was the last campaign - it's not often I make a correct call but for once I was sadly right when I thought that worse lay ahead.

I had been going to games since the '80s and now I'm out the habit I doubt I'll be back (although never say never).

Same although been going since the early 70,s

These are my thoughts also. Had a great day in Glasgow during the day but the game, plus hour walk back to the centre, spoiled it. 

I got my first ssc membership at start of the last campaign in the hope we'd qualify for France but we didn't, and have kept it going this year for England away but that will be me after this campaign. 

The SFA have taken the fans for granted, getting 27k to pay £55 for ssc membership and charging over the odds for games v third rate teams (Malta, Gibraltar etc) but they're in for a shock as a lot of fans I've spoken to have had enough. 

I have stopped spending my hard earned free time, and money on following Scotland after the last campaign. I can't justify it, living in England, it can cost as much to get to Hamden for a game, as it does to some away games.

Been going to a few games home and away, each campaign for 20 years, and seen it all before, the glorious failures, so have chosen to give it a rest.

I will always follow Scotland, and will always support them, as I have no choice, it's in me, I do have the choice what to spend my time and money on, and at the minute, it's not being spent on going to games.

A bit of momentum, and I will be back, but at the minute, no. 

With the Euros being expanded I said after Euro 2016 that i'd give it 2 more campaigns and see if we get to Euro 2020 but feels Like a distant dream.  Getting humped at Wembley with Chris Martin up front will be it for me I think!  I do generally enjoy the away trips but it's the touristy thing of being new places, quite sad that the football is the worst part of the trip nowadays.

20 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

I think the inevitable doing at Wembley will put the final nail in the coffin for 100's if not 1000's of fans.  

Good. Good riddance to the jean-wearing glory-hunting, johnny come lately types. I might start going back if we are ketch again, certainly sorts out the wheat from the chaff. Ah, Moldova..... those were the days.

3 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Good. Good riddance to the jean-wearing glory-hunting, johnny come lately types. I might start going back if we are ketch again, certainly sorts out the wheat from the chaff. Ah, Moldova..... those were the days.

We are. It's official.

3 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Ketch?  What does that mean?  

6 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

It's an old Scots word. You must be one of the jeans wearing scum if you don't know it ya sassenach. Or my fat fat fingers meant to type keich. Ha !  no fat fingers, just the mac predict rubbish. 

Keich = shite, heard of keich not ketch though.  Really if you going to presume and insult you should really spell correctly would carry more weight!  It's a game of football not a fashion show, don't have to be in a kilt, glengarry with badges and a suit jacket to show how much of a fan you are.  Sad that adults are so judgmental.