Only 4 points off top spot - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Only 4 points off top spot

bonny78

Would take some run to finish top, something that wont happen. Was saying today on way home that to finish 2nd (with or without Strachan) and to get a playoff we're going to have to win 4 or 5 of the 6, I'm not counting the Malta game at home as that wont count in the race for 2nd place rankings. That means winning away to Slovenia and Lithuania as well as the other 2 home games. Again highly unlikly

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

We were the first team on the planet to be eliminated from World Cup 2014, so if we improve on that I guess it'll be progress...

We were out after 6 games so we need to last for 7 this time for an improvement. Might just do it if we can beat Slovenia at home.

I said on another thread that we need 15 more points, that would likely see us 2ND and just avoid the worst runner up spot. That would mean winning our home games and picking up an away win against Lithuania. Under other circumstances it's very doable, but as we've not won against any decent opposition in 2 years I can't see how we're going to suddenly become world beaters.