Ticket prices - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

PapofGlencoe

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They can't really do anything now because of the season tickets they've sold.

Aye, they've banked the cash from the STs so won't be giving a ****. Scotland fans really bend over and hitch up their kilts for Regan & co. 

Simple fact is our fans don't have the balls to stand up to the s.f.a

They've ripped us off for years, we've took it for years, our team is poor, our infrastructure is poor, our stadium is poor, our atmosphere is poor, transport is poor, whole match day experience is appalling.....but every year it gets worse....The price goes up..... maybe 1 day we will finally organise a proper protest.

I think the fans can't complain too much about the "atmosphere".  It's the fans that do that.  We've been shocking as well.

The SFA cannot expect people to pay £40 or even £35 for a ticket for the rest of this group.  That is madness and leaves a sour taste.  Ridiculous but can get away with it in the good/hopeful times.  Heads in the sand in times like this.  Could be a turning point on median crowd support in the "doldrums" years.  We'll be looking at 18k rather than 30k as a level.

There has to be a proper protest.  Thing is it'll happen by its own accord.  Walk ups and many core people aren't going to come.

The season tickets issue just shows how incompetent they are if they've not allowed wriggle room here.

I won't be back until there's changes.  I simply won't pay it...

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

We could be looking at sub 20k attendances at £40 a ticket.  Surely has to be a rethink.

Experience is stale.  Core support demotivated. 

That is the problem in my view this so called core support, in the majority most dont give a toss kilt/feather in the cap wearing divs. This is the whole country we are talking about and the apathy towards the national team is  because of 1,performance and 2, other football fans that go to domestic games cannot be arsed with all the "their for the party brigade". This core support still singing doe a fkn deer. the most embarrasing song ever in my book. If they were such a great support every game wed have new songs but they are that far up their own arses they still think they are great. games have been shit for a while and we have been outsung on numerous occasions over the last few years.

Probably going over old ground here again, however I just can't see many members of the public paying £30 for a Malta ticket for the South or North stands. I didn't renew my membership but if I attended each home game as a member of the public paying for the cheapest seats for each game it would cost me £155. Doing likewise and by renewing my membership, as an SSC member would set me back £140 + £45 membership equals £185, £30 more or £15 more if you want to say the £45 is for two years. Absolutely no benefit given the opposition this time round of renewing if you only wanted to attend the home games other than guaranteeing an England ticket which if their name didn't come out in the draw, the SFA would have had a major headache in trying to punt season tickets and memberships.    

On 14/10/2016 at 4:29 PM, bonny78 said:

A game of football shud not cost more than 20quid.  Its doesnt matter what the game is tbh.  Exceptions could be made for world cup finals etc but it shouldnt really be much more than that

I'm always banging on about the price of football, but I think (top flight) domestic football should be capped at £20, perhaps more for showpiece games, i.e. Cup final.

Dont mind paying more, probably £25-30 for international or European football seems fair enough with discounted prices for minnows like Malta.

Its £23+ for most Scottish premier games,  several championship sides are over £20 which is obviously too expensive, but using that as a reference point, it's no wonder the SFA are ripping the pish!

Prices aren't going to change as SFA would have to offer something to season ticket holders or face an almighty backlash, so they can't win (although they put themselves in this situation with initial pricing).

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm always banging on about the price of football, but I think (top flight) domestic football should be capped at £20, perhaps more for showpiece games, i.e. Cup final.

Dont mind paying more, probably £25-30 for international or European football seems fair enough with discounted prices for minnows like Malta.

Its £23+ for most Scottish premier games,  several championship sides are over £20 which is obviously too expensive, but using that as a reference point, it's no wonder the SFA are ripping the pish!

Prices aren't going to change as SFA would have to offer something to season ticket holders or face an almighty backlash, so they can't win (although they put themselves in this situation with initial pricing).

Took in some German football on the way home from Slovakia.

E12,50 a ticket, standing behind the goals, beer available. Even if you include my flight to get there it was cheaper than most SPL games.

Terrible standard of football mind.