Oliver Burke - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver Burke

King Of Paisley

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Only got back last night from Slovakia, but couldn't see anything about not even being in the squad for the game over there. Did anything happen?

He was sent back to his club along with Naismith and McKay by Strachan after telling them they wouldn't be used in Slovakia. Burke did post something up on Twitter (an emoticon or something) that was deleted a few hours later.

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

seems strange to sub a youngster so early in a match and then tell him to go home. what kind of message does that send to both the player and the fans?

Not good at all.

Burke is a player that could be very important for us in the coming years and the last thing you won't to do is alienate or disenchant him.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

seems strange to sub a youngster so early in a match and then tell him to go home. what kind of message does that send to both the player and the fans?

Subbed? He wasn't in the starting line up nor the bench was he?

Sounds pretty stupid to me, surely building a team spirit is part of the whole thing? here we go again, another mad manager... must admit I have not been impressed with Strachan's general attitude of late, now I know it is irritating getting stuck infront of the media but he has come across as particularly arrogant. still willing to give him the benefit of a bit of time but there are a number of issues appearing that I'm no happy with. 

1 hour ago, Chris2501 said:

Can't believe donkeys like Bannan and Paterson are getting starts and boys like Burke, Mckay, Griffiths and Naisy aen't getting a sniff.

Your argument might carry some weight if you weren't comparing players who play in completely different positions unless you're being really radical and proposing Griffiths plays at right back. 

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

This action could be worse than failing to qualify - damaging the confidence of the best prospect we have had in a long time. If that is not a sacking offence I don't know what is. And bringing on McGinn an inexperienced and Championship player, when Burke plays n the Bundesliga. Unbelievable.

I completely agree with you about Burke , but you are out of order with your John McGinn comment .

McGinn  is class . He was man of the match against Denmark but never gets a minute of playing time until the last 10 minutes on Tuesday , when with his first touch of the game he set up Griffiths with a clear chance .John McGinn offers much more than Ritchie,Bannon or I'm sad to say Darren Fletcher .

31 minutes ago, aaid said:

Your argument might carry some weight if you weren't comparing players who play in completely different positions unless you're being really radical and proposing Griffiths plays at right back. 

McKay and Naisy could play in midfield though. 

Could also play two up top and drop Bannan to include Griffiths or Naisy.

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

McKay and Naisy could play in midfield though. 

Could also play two up top and drop Bannan to include Griffiths or Naisy.

Anyone could play in midfield by the same token but I doubt McKay or Naismith could play the role that Bannan was supposed to be playing.