Oliver Burke

King Of Paisley

How about:

Craig Gordon
Russell Martin - Steven Anderson - Christophe Berra - Kieran Tierney
John McGinn - Kevin McDonald
Ikechi Anya - Oliver Burke - Andrew Robertson
Leigh Griffiths

Marshall's not done much wrong, I just think Gordon's better at organising a defense.
I like Paterson, but should probably bring him in bit by bit, and it is Martin's actual position.
Anderson, Berra and McDonald give us some real physicality in the middle of defense and shielding them.
McGinn's seems lively, eager and can spread the ball around reasonably well.
Ketch, Burke and Robertson give us a bit of pace, Robertson's delivery is always a threat and Anya playing down the right means he's crossing on his good foot.

It's never gonna happen, I know...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I completely agree with you about Burke , but you are out of order with your John McGinn comment .

McGinn  is class . He was man of the match against Denmark but never gets a minute of playing time until the last 10 minutes on Tuesday , when with his first touch of the game he set up Griffiths with a clear chance .John McGinn offers much more than Ritchie,Bannon or I'm sad to say Darren Fletcher .

I know McGinn is a good player but he needs to get playing at a higher level. Hibs may not get promoted this year.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Anyone could play in midfield by the same token but I doubt McKay or Naismith could play the role that Bannan was supposed to be playing.

Naismith could have replaced Bannan and played as an advanced midfielder, with McArthur sitting back. 

Bizarre sending these players back if they were fit. 

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Best part of it is that he sent Naisy, Burke and McKay home yet named TWO keepers on the bench.

The name is a complete and utter moron.

33 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

And yet still had a place on the bench for him, whilst sending the other lads home

I think everyone in the squad is on the bench nowadays. Dont think the numbet is limited. Robertson was likely injured however kept around for emergencies and therefore named in the squad.

Edited by Mcfadden11

Strachan seems to be falling into the same trap as Levein, overthinking everything and thinking he is far more clever than he actually is, or needs to be.

Just play the guys who are in form and confident, they are all professionals, they will be able to adapt to different systems if need be.

39 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Strachan seems to be falling into the same trap as Levein, overthinking everything and thinking he is far more clever than he actually is, or needs to be.

Just play the guys who are in form and confident, they are all professionals, they will be able to adapt to different systems if need be.

Overthinking is his biggest flaw. Just use common sense and get on with it.

Burke should have played against Slovakia. He is the only player available to us at present playing at the highest level who has pace and skill to take people on and create chances. He is the sort of player that we need in our side not getting sent home halfway through a double header. Unless there is something he has done wrong post-Lithuania match that has been hushed up that he needed disciplining then I see no sense in sending him home.

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Burke should have played against Slovakia. He is the only player available to us at present playing at the highest level who has pace and skill to take people on and create chances. He is the sort of player that we need in our side not getting sent home halfway through a double header. Unless there is something he has done wrong post-Lithuania match that has been hushed up that he needed disciplining then I see no sense in sending him home.

Totally agree

2 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Dunno, but the Leipzig assistant manager supposedly tried to contact Strachan for an explanation, but got no reply

He can't hear anyone as he's he's got his fingers firmly planted in his ears.

not-listening.jpeg?w=529

I've no clue what happened there /\ ?!

Anyhow... joint 2nd and unbeaten in the league is an incredible start for a newly promoted side. Be interesting to see if it continues. Could the boy be playing CL football next season while Strachan continues to leave him out?

10 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I've no clue what happened there /\ ?!

Anyhow... joint 2nd and unbeaten in the league is an incredible start for a newly promoted side. Be interesting to see if it continues. Could the boy be playing CL football next season while Strachan continues to leave him out?

No cos Strachan will be gone long before then. He'll be gone on Nov 12th IMO.