Ryanair Flight FR2314 Stansted 3.5 hours late - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryanair Flight FR2314 Stansted 3.5 hours late

Dougals_22

Hello, we were among the bunch with a 3.5 hour delay at Stansted on 11/10 trying to get to Bratislava. 

I've written to Ryanair who are claimming bad weather was the reason for the delay.

On the day,  I heard several people say ground crew had told them that the plane had went to Luton by mistake. 

Did anyone get names etc of people that told them this?

Funnily enough bad weather is one of the reasons that they can deny us all €400 a pop compensation. 

There was a flight to Gothenburg delayed too, everything else was on time. I'm asking for further info regarding the supposed bad weather. 

Any info anyone has about what ground crew or flight crew said would be massively helpful!

Thanks!

I was on that flight too. Submitted my claim through moneysavingexpert.com

Bad weather ma hole. What pissed me off most was the delay continually increasing on the board by 20 minutes at a time (or so it felt).

A 15 minute delay doesn't turn into a 3 and a half hour delay because of bad weather. Why do they not just say at the start - it's going to be 3 hours - maybe more, maybe less - not 15, 20, 35, 55...... utter c##ts

There was only the one wee lassie on the gate for the first hour and she was as pleasant and helpful as she could have been. I think she knew it was goosed though as she cleared off after a while. She had mentioned fog to us but, as others have mentioned, it would have been far better up front if they had said there was a serious delay straight off instead of the "plane landing at 9:30 so expect a 10am departure.

Incidentally, the plane we got on was one that had been sat on the apron all that time...

As soon as we seen the delays mounting up we headed to the bar. Didn't see the point of staying at the gate. 

I used Resolver via MSE as well, funnily enough after I got the bad weather reply, I can't now send a further email to Ryanair. It's an automated thing saying no reply will be received on this address. 

I'm pretty determined to peruse it for at least an answer to what the weather issue was. Got an absolutely bog standard response from them.  No other plane seemed to be delayed apart from us and Gothenburg, which is making me think the only weather related explanation must be due where they came from? 

Nah, Gothenburg was delayed to around the same time as us. The one with the rammy was a Cairo flight I believe. There were three young girls giving the staff absolute dogs abuse. One of the guys from the tarmac came in and told them they were out of line. Before they were let on the plane the mouthiest one came into apologise. Nutters. Folk forget these guys are just at their work! 

I remember flying up to Glasgow for a midweek game a good few years ago on Easyjet from Luton.  We were supposed to take off about 2pm but were badly delayed due to bad weather.  Eventually took off just before six and crabbed it straight to Hampden and got in right on kickoff. 

I knew that we were seriously ####ed when this one turned up at the gate.

hqdefault.jpg

On 13 October 2016 at 1:36 PM, Simy said:

The sunday morning flight from Manchester was also delayed by 3 hours also ryanair not sure of the problem either

Put a claim in for this flight via Resolver website ( re MSE ) on friday , just had confirmation that they are paying compenssation and asking for bank details today , so if you haven`t claimed go for it !

2 hours ago, popkean1314foreva said:

Put a claim in for this flight via Resolver website ( re MSE ) on friday , just had confirmation that they are paying compenssation and asking for bank details today , so if you haven`t claimed go for it !

Also just got a reply from them, tidy little bit of compensation anyway 

3 hours ago, Dougals_22 said:

They are still being wide with me. They've closed my case with no actual explanation of what caused the delay. So I'm going to escalate when resolver lets me tomorrow!

If there is a legitimate weather reason, fair enough, but to  or explain the reason. :mad:

Chancers!

If other people are getting paid, then Ryanair are goosed and must pay all passengers.

J

Flightradar24 really is wonderful at times.

Says your flight arrived at 3:15pm, 3.5 hours late, so you're in for €250. There's not a lot that Ryanair can (legally) do to stop you. Fill in this form: https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/themes/passengers/air/doc/complain_form/eu_complaint_form_en.pdf

The inbound flight did divert to Luton, see here: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-dwx

Hello there was a English guy in Bratislava airport departure lounge on Friday night when we where traveling back to stansted and was asking if we where caught up in this delay we said no we came in late Sunday but he was and the info he was told from people on the flight and within Stansted it went to Luton to refuel and then it was struggling to get a slot to get back to Stansted he seemed genuine and was going to trying to get compo himself 

I only fired my original claim direct to Ryanair yesterday afternoon. I got the acknowledgement and case number reply an hour later but this morning I've received an email to say my case has been forwarded to head office. Is this what everyone else has had before being told to "get tae"? Or are we getting somewhere with them?

Interesting! I just had replies from customer service when resolver done my stuff, indot. Know if they manage to by pass some stuff?

The ombudsman replied to me yesterday to say that they are going to be contacting Ryanair with all my details. The expected reply date is by 2nd November. 

All Ive asked for is a reasonable response in regards to what actual weather issues there were to cause the delay, and if there were none, the compensation we are due.

Here's hoping! Might go someway to paying for the bar bill at Stansted as well as for the bus we missed and the extra taxis and buses we had to pay for.

Same here Dougals.

I also sent screen shots and detailed how the inbound flight from Bratislava went via Luton - and didn't get to Stansted until the back of 11.

Here's hoping! Didn't keep any bar bill receipts. Would have had I know the flight would be delayed THAT long - instead of in 15 minute increments.

Keep us posted GrantP