Ryanair Flight FR2314 Stansted 3.5 hours late - Page 2 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryanair Flight FR2314 Stansted 3.5 hours late

Dougals_22

11 minutes ago, Dougals_22 said:

It's a shame we can't get cash back for the beer... especially at £5 a pint :(

Got two pints and two shots of some crazy spirit outside the ground for €2.50!

As an aside, they've really improved the Wetherspoons at Stansted.

That was quick....

Cant attach image but content copied below. Will head down the ombudsman route this lunchtime which they interestingly don't mention.

Cheers

I refer to your letter dated 21/10/16.

We sincerely regret the delay of your flight FR2314 from Stansted to Bratislava on the 11/10/16, which was due to unsafety weather conditions.

However, as this delay was unexpected and therefore outside Ryanair’s control we regret to advise that no monetary compensation is due under EU Regulation 261/2004.

Nevertheless, if you incurred any additional reasonable receipted expenses during the delay (such as accommodation, meals, refreshment, transportation), please submit copies of your receipted expenses and your bank details (i.e. Account Holder/Bank/Account Number/IBAN/Swift) by clicking on the below link and uploading your documents for our review. 

https://complainttracker.ryanair.com/

You can also track the status of your claim by clicking on this link.

Thank you for flying with us and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you on–board another Ryanair flight again soon.

Aye that's the bog standard response I got the first time. The person doing it clear hasn't proof read what they copied and pasted into it. "Unsafety weather conditions"!

I replied through the website to ask what weather issues there were. That's when then said the considered the case closed and to contact the ombudsman if unhappy. 

Just received this from theretailombudsman.org.uk

I am pleased to confirm that I have now received a full response from the Airline in relation to your complaint. I now therefore have a ‘complete complaint file’.

Having reviewed the file, I do not feel that I am in a position to suggest a resolution so I have now passed your complaint to one of our Ombudsman who will produce a written determination.

Please note that it can take up to 60 days for a determination to be issued.

Regards

Lynda

Here's a link to the inbound flight from Bratislava to Stansted. The REAL reason for our subsequent flight being delayed. Bad weather ma hole

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/EIDWX/history/20161011/0445Z/LZIB/EGSS

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/RYR2315/history/20161011/0445Z/LZIB/EGSS/tracklog

• 2 weeks later...

Final determination in from the ombudsman. Shower of w@nkers

Background:
This complaint concerns Ryanair flight no FR2314 from Stansted to Bratislava, which was scheduled to leave at 08:30 on 11 October 2016 (“the Flight”).
Ryanair has said that a previous incoming Bratislava-Stansted flight had to be diverted to Luton due to fog at Stansted, with the result that the Flight was delayed and arrived in Bratislava three hours and thirty-one minutes late. As a consequence, Mr X lodged a claim for compensation in accordance with EU Regulation 261 (“the Regulations”).
Ryanair rejected the compensation claim. They say that because the delay was caused by fog, this is an “extraordinary circumstance” and is therefore an absolute defence to the requirement to pay compensation under the Regulations.

Determination:
I must base my determination i) on the facts and evidence provided ii) on what is fair and reasonable in the circumstances and iii) in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.

The law:
i. Compensation
Article 7 of the Regulations provides that passengers have the right to compensation when a flight is delayed by the operating air carrier, unless the delay is caused by “extraordinary circumstances” which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.

ii. Right to care
Article 9 of the Regulations provides that when a flight is delayed, the passengers are entitled to Right to care:
• After two hours for flights up to 1500km;
• After three hours for flights up to 1500 – 3500km; and
• After four hours for flights over 3500km
Where a passenger is entitled to Right to care this shall be offered free of charge:

(a) meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time;

(b) hotel accommodation where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary, or where a stay additional to that intended by the passenger becomes necessary;
(c) transport between the airport and place of accommodation (hotel or other).

In addition, passengers shall be offered free of charge two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails.

Compensation:
From the information provided I determine that Ryanair is entitled to rely on the “extraordinary circumstances” exception from the Regulations to refuse to pay compensation and that there were no other reasonable measures it could have taken. In the circumstances Ryanair is not obliged to pay compensation.
Right to care:
In accordance with Article 9 of the Regulations, Ryanair has said that Mr X was provided with two sets of refreshment vouchers, though he denies that this happened. Meanwhile, whilst Ryanair has offered to refund any extra receipted expenses caused by the delay, Mr X has not retained any receipts.
Important Note:
1. This determination is not binding on the passenger who therefore still has the option to pursue the complaint via the courts.

10 minutes ago, GrantP said:

Cop out.

Totally ignores the fact that no other planes had issues landing at that time. Obviously just a stock response given to airline complaints where they can't be bothered fighting with Ryanair.

Indeed. I'm sure I briefly read on the moneysavingexpert forums that knock-on effects are no excuse - and I should still be due compensation. I'm intending posting this on their and see what folk suggest. Not giving in here. No way

Doesn`t help you as such with your case but fair play to Ryanair with regards the Manchester flight , got paid for our claim within two weeks of putting it in .

I put a claim in last year with Easyjet for a cancelled flight to Belfast which they weren`t going to pay up on , I went through Resolver and escalated it to the CAA and they paid out in the end , so I`d keep at it if you believe your facts are right .

Easyjet had claimed it was cancelled due to thunderstorms , which was a load of bull and I was able to prove it due to aircrew being out of time , which was what they told us initially at the gate .

Good luck

Fog?  Haha, I flew back from LA in to Heathrow on Sunday.  The pilot said visibility was 60m on landing and it was the worst he had ever flown in and it landed fine.

It was an automatic landing, so unsure if that makes any difference.  

• 1 month later...

It's been a long haul - but i have finally got an email from Ryanair confirming I an entitled to compensation.

After they knocked me back with this bad weather bollocks - I went to Bott&Co online (no win no fee) who took them to court. £526.82 :D

Merry Christmas.... and get it f**ckin roon ye Lyingair