Wembley cancelled - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wembley cancelled

ianp

Have now ditched trip to Wembley. All 9 of our party have cancelled and many we have contacted since Tuesday night. The performances being delivered on/off the park not worthy of away trip until vast improvement happens. The results are very poor, but it's more the manner and the treatment of the best fans I have witnessed. The Tartan Army were humiliated on Tuesday night both on and off the park. 

Edited by ianp

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

You've not seen many fans if you think Scotland fans are the best.

Big in number away from home maybe but that's about it. 

Correct - a very quiet away support (and at home tbf) nowadays - far too many hooray henry's for my liking.

29 minutes ago, ianp said:

Have now ditched trip to Wembley. All 9 of our party have cancelled and many we have contacted since Tuesday night. The performances being delivered on/off the park not worthy of away trip until vast improvement happens. The results are very poor, but it's more the manner and the treatment of the best fans I have witnessed. The Tartan Army were humiliated on Tuesday night both on and off the park. 

We considered doing the same. I didn't really want to go in the first place. Too easy for folk to get down there who are bad news.

I remember seeing folk jumping over cars at the Brazil game.

7 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

Okay. You won't be missed.

Hope you regret it.

Thanks for giving a 0 pointer like me the chance to get a ticket.

I and thousands of others support the team through thick and thin - not just when the players we want to play start or if we win.

You can't have been supporting the team that much if you have 0 points.

7 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

Hope you regret it.

I and thousands of others support the team through thick and thin - not just when the players we want to play start or if we win.

its not that simple, its costs a lot of money and time to follow scotland, even more time now that you get games on any day of the week due to this "week of football" I gained from the lack of interest iin the tickets available because I'm a 0 pointer too. I'm already regretting it after Strachans most recent outburts

22 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

Hope you regret it.

Good on you, the ability to emotionally follow a team is alright for some but I reckon most have a tipping point and the SFA have been taking this almost blind loyalty for granted for years. 

Can understand why some have had enough. We don't owe the team or the SFA anything. 

We were the same really had to think long and hard about this game but in the end we booked (we are 10 pointers so to miss this would have been huge for us - not gloating just stating a fact). Want to give the kids, 11 year olds, who have been to a good few games over the past couple of years, the Wembley experience. As already been said it costs a fortune travelling away - I don't even want to think about how much we've spent over the years on trips!! If we could at least be guaranteed a decent game of football in every game, not expecting to win every game but at least come out fighting like we did against Germany, Italy and France, not this year unfortunately, over the years then everybody would feel different. It's the lack of fight in the team that is now getting to me. Don't know if it's anything to do with the way the manager's got them playing or just the players in general (or I'm getting old!!) but something's got to change. As Vanderark says it's also now that we get games all week and not so easy for getting time off etc. Not everybody has the luxury of being able to take a week off from work for a mid-week trip.

2 hours ago, deecie said:

You can't have been supporting the team that much if you have 0 points.

Oh touchy touchy.

Have a point now. Go to all home matches and been to about 7 away games - always manage to get a ticket.

Joined the SSC 4 years ago as I wanted to travel to matches more and felt the need to get on the ladder.

My point was that this person has stated he is done with the team due to recent matches. I say support the team.

I understand anyone who can't make games due to financial reasons or other commitments - there is more to life than football but that original post was attention seeking of the highest order.

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Good on you, the ability to emotionally follow a team is alright for some but I reckon most have a tipping point and the SFA have been taking this almost blind loyalty for granted for years. 

Can understand why some have had enough. We don't owe the team or the SFA anything. 

Can't really argue with your post to be honest. Fair points well made.

17 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

Oh touchy touchy.

Have a point now. Go to all home matches and been to about 7 away games - always manage to get a ticket.

Joined the SSC 4 years ago as I wanted to travel to matches more and felt the need to get on the ladder.

My point was that this person has stated he is done with the team due to recent matches. I say support the team.

I understand anyone who can't make games due to financial reasons or other commitments - there is more to life than football but that original post was attention seeking of the highest order.

You don't get a point until after the match.

All top fans know that.

1 hour ago, Tartan Queen said:

We were the same really had to think long and hard about this game but in the end we booked (we are 10 pointers so to miss this would have been huge for us - not gloating just stating a fact). Want to give the kids, 11 year olds, who have been to a good few games over the past couple of years, the Wembley experience. As already been said it costs a fortune travelling away - I don't even want to think about how much we've spent over the years on trips!! If we could at least be guaranteed a decent game of football in every game, not expecting to win every game but at least come out fighting like we did against Germany, Italy and France, not this year unfortunately, over the years then everybody would feel different. It's the lack of fight in the team that is now getting to me. Don't know if it's anything to do with the way the manager's got them playing or just the players in general (or I'm getting old!!) but something's got to change. As Vanderark says it's also now that we get games all week and not so easy for getting time off etc. Not everybody has the luxury of being able to take a week off from work for a mid-week trip.

Your last three competitive games were Georgia, Ireland and Slovakia add on the friendlies and that has to be the worst run ever. (don't count Malta) and you want to carry on.

Your kids will love it we ever get any good again, and that's the whole point in following football.

Can't blame anyone for not going unless they live in London.

33 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

Oh touchy touchy.

Its not attention seeking at all, the more people that vote with their feet like him the more the SFA will take notice. Sitting back and doing nothing just allows them to fleece the fans and lately us fans have insulted by what we see from the players and management.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Its not attention seeking at all, the more people that vote with their feet like him the more the SFA will take notice. Sitting back and doing nothing just allows them to fleece the fans and lately us fans have insulted by what we see from the players and management.

For the record I am a fan and don't feel insulted.

Perhaps some do.

I am also a zero (soon to be one) pointer these days but I used to go to a lot of away games and I only bothered getting a ticket for this because I had the train and hotel booked already.  I have a season ticket but have offered my remaining tickets to someone else.  I don't think it's any worse than most of the last 12 or 13 years I have been regularly going to games but it's certainly not getting any better.  It just seems a hassle going to games now whereas I used to look forward to it.

30 minutes ago, alexthenoo said:

Come on you lot, It's surely not about the football, - is it not about the beer  ? the stories?

You're correct, although you don't realise it. The game is only 90 minutes. The best part of any trip and what almost all the people I've met on trips have said that the best part is meeting fellow fans and visiting places which you would never have dreamt of going if it wasn't through following Scotland. 

Edited by DoonTheSlope