Wembley cancelled - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wembley cancelled

ianp

On 10/20/2016 at 0:40 AM, alexthenoo said:

Come on you lot, It's surely not about the football, - is it not about the beer  ? the stories?

100% about the football for me.

Trips are usually good but i go to watch the football.

Otherwise i'd go when i wasn't surrounded by 1000s of Scot's and paying inflated prices for flights etc. 

No wonder our support are sh1te when half them have little interest int eh football and treat it as a stag do.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Otherwise i'd go when i wasn't surrounded by 1000s of Scot's and paying inflated prices for flights etc. 

No wonder our support are sh1te when half them have little interest int eh football and treat it as a stag do.

Nail on the head here.

It's nice to see other places but my trip mainly revolves round the actual match itself and a Scotland win is the difference between a good trip and a great trip.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:14 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Your last three competitive games were Georgia, Ireland and Slovakia add on the friendlies and that has to be the worst run ever. (don't count Malta) and you want to carry on.

Your kids will love it we ever get any good again, and that's the whole point in following football.

Can't blame anyone for not going unless they live in London.

Exactly and the rest this year were friendlies (apart from Malta and Slovakia) - not even particularly good games :( 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm the same 100% football. When we don't play well this does have an effect for the rest of the trip. It's bad enough coming away with a defeat but a defeat where the team had no fight about them is even worse. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this.

13 minutes ago, Tartan Queen said:

I'm the same 100% football. When we don't play well this does have an effect for the rest of the trip. It's bad enough coming away with a defeat but a defeat where the team had no fight about them is even worse. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this.

We need to fight 

Booked flights and hotel before campaign started. I am now dreading it. Media obsessed wi Strachan bashing, weakest defence ever and confidence must be rock bottom. I can't see anyway how we can get a result. I can see us losing by 4 or more. My 7th wembley and the most pessimestic I have ever been.