Scotland Games Not On "normal" TV - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Games Not On "normal" TV

Haggis_trap

On ā€Ž20ā€Ž/ā€Ž10ā€Ž/ā€Ž2016 at 7:13 PM, aaid said:

Dearie, dearie me. Ā 

They already do this. Ā Ā£25 million towards Oriam.Ā 

http://www.oriamscotland.com/home/partners/

0/10, must do better, see me after class.

Ā 

I thought I heard the rustle of pom poms.

People are advocating giving up millions from tv but not able to say how it will be replaced. Higher ticket prices? Nope. Not local government funding which is being cut by Holyrood and while going off on a tangent the Oriam centre looks brilliant but that's 4 indoor pitches in 9 years. Must do better.

25 minutes ago, Alan said:

People are advocating giving up millions from tv but not able to say how it will be replaced. Higher ticket prices? Nope. Not local government funding which is being cut by Holyrood and while going off on a tangent the Oriam centre looks brilliant but that's 4 indoor pitches in 9 years. Must do better.

How many indoor pitches under previous Scottish Government administrations or pre-devolution then?

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Your like Humza talking about why the trains are so shit. But that doesn't impact you.

In summary. We need the Sky money as no one will make up the shortfall and we have a pathetic number of full size indoor pitches. 4.

3 hours ago, Alan said:

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Your like Humza talking about why the trains are so shit. But that doesn't impact you.

In summary. We need the Sky money as no one will make up the shortfall and we have a pathetic number of full size indoor pitches. 4.

Do we actually "need" the Sky money?

What iis the income of the Northern Irish FA, or the Icelandic FA, or any of the countless other FAs that have qualified for tournaments since 1998?

The SFA's business model is burst.

8 hours ago, Goozay said:

Do we actually "need" the Sky money?

What iis the income of the Northern Irish FA, or the Icelandic FA, or any of the countless other FAs that have qualified for tournaments since 1998?

The SFA's business model is burst.

That's a good question although I'm sure with Euro Champs qualification Northern Ireland and Iceland will have some cash. The thing I'm blindly clinging onto and placing all my hope in are the regional performance schools. I'm guessing these cost a fair bit to run and admin with every year bringing potential players.

On 10/26/2016 at 7:29 AM, Alan said:

Problem is, the Scottish Government can not simply be seen pumping cash into just one sport (if I am not mistaken, isĀ Oriam not shared with the SRU?) as it will just have a domino effect.... if they do it for the national team, then the clubs will soon follow asking where their cut is, then the SRU will probably follow asking why is Rugby missing out......

On 26/10/2016 at 7:29 AM, Alan said:

ultimately this gets cut from Westminster as that's where the treasury is and the treasury is not devolved.Ā  but don't let that get in the way of your attempted point scoring.

i'm led to believe that the SFA are married to bskyb for the home matches for the next few years.Ā  TV rights to away matches are determined and sold by the home nation.Ā  in the absence of a terrestrial TV deal i'd like to see some imaginitive solutions such as show matches in cinemas.Ā  this allows kids to see the games and if there was a cut from popcorn and drinks then it could be a money spinner together with the admission fees.Ā  or they could do beam backs.

8 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

ultimately this gets cut from Westminster as that's where the treasury is and the treasury is not devolved.Ā  but don't let that get in the way of your attempted point scoring.

Holyrood has billions upon billions to spend on what it deems important.Ā  Indoor facilities like they have in Iceland or Norway are sadly lacking in Scotland but Wanderer makes a valid point about funding however we still need to have more indoor pitches.

Pretty sure the "mistruths" of independence will give the games back on terrestrial tv are shown up for what they are.Ā  Sky provide the Ā£Ā£Ā£ and that's what talks.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Holyrood has billions upon billions to spend on what it deems important.Ā 

Approx Ā£33 billion to be accurate

After Health, Police Fire and Judiciary, Education & local councils there is only small change left

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Holyrood has billions upon billions to spend on what it deems important.Ā  Indoor facilities like they have in Iceland or Norway are sadly lacking in Scotland but Wanderer makes a valid point about funding however we still need to have more indoor pitches.

Pretty sure the "mistruths" of independence will give the games back on terrestrial tv are shown up for what they are.Ā  Sky provide the Ā£Ā£Ā£ and that's what talks.

If the SG was to start subsidising the football industry using tax payers money, you and your pal Ruthie would be the first folk to complain.

14 hours ago, wanderer said:

Problem is, the Scottish Government can not simply be seen pumping cash into just one sport (if I am not mistaken, isĀ Oriam not shared with the SRU?) as it will just have a domino effect.... if they do it for the national team, then the clubs will soon follow asking where their cut is, then the SRU will probably follow asking why is Rugby missing out......

Disagree.

The problem is that the SFA's business model is burst.