Kenny Miller - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kenny Miller

finnie

If I was WGS I would ask Kenneth Miller to come back for one wembley night only - It's last chance saloon for WGS before  a 5 month break and he must get a result.

Yup Miller has frustrated me over the years but think he is ageing like a fine wine and playing his best stuff now. He has  scored at Wembley before. A potential leader amongst the misguided we have on the park just now. Confidence on a high - what a strike last night. Can't do any worse than the current strikers. Offers an energy and desire that seems to be missing. Maybe just me!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% would have him in.

He is our Robbie Keane. A natural goal scorer who scores all types of goals.

He should never have been out of the squad - his experience even when not playing would be invaluable. He loves playing in the Scotland top and is one of the last professional footballers who would run through fire for his nation.

Hes played for the three clubs I dislike the most and I still love the guy.

8 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

100% would have him in.

He is our Robbie Keane. A natural goal scorer who scores all types of goals.

He should never have been out of the squad - his experience even when not playing would be invaluable. He loves playing in the Scotland top and is one of the last professional footballers who would run through fire for his nation.

Hes played for the three clubs I dislike the most and I still love the guy.

First of all, I'm a massive fan of Miller, I think he's gotten an unfair amount of criticism, has always given his best and has never let Scotland down.

however to compare him to Keane is laughable. Their records at international level do not stand comparison.

For me the difference between the two players was put into sharp contrast in the Celtic Cup game we lost 1-0 in Dublin.  Keane had a chance that he scored, Miller had a similar chance which he missed.  I remember thinking that Miller wouldn't have scored the chance that Keane had and that Keane wouldn't have missed the one that Miller missed.

If we'd had a "Robbie Keane" over the last 18 years then I'm absolutely certain we'd have qualified for championships. 

Finally, it was Miller's own decision to retire from international football - and it was probably the right one - so spare me the hyperbole about running through fire.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

First of all, I'm a massive fan of Miller, I think he's gotten an unfair amount of criticism, has always given his best and has never let Scotland down.

however to compare him to Keane is laughable. Their records at international level do not stand comparison.

For me the difference between the two players was put into sharp contrast in the Celtic Cup game we lost 1-0 in Dublin.  Keane had a chance that he scored, Miller had a similar chance which he missed.  I remember thinking that Miller wouldn't have scored the chance that Keane had and that Keane wouldn't have missed the one that Miller missed.

If we'd had a "Robbie Keane" over the last 18 years then I'm absolutely certain we'd have qualified for championships. 

Finally, it was Miller's own decision to retire from international football - and it was probably the right one - so spare me the hyperbole about running through fire.

I agree. The single biggest position we've lacked in is a half decent goalscorer.