Kenny Miller - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kenny Miller

finnie

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

Just read it there. Aye not a great suggestion either.

In any case the point I was making was not have a 36 year old Miller in as his time is over - no doubt. However, if had the chance of a goalscorer of his ilk now then I'd take him over Griffiths, Fletcher, Martin or Naismith or anyone else available for us just now.

Totally respect miller for the commitment he has given us over the years. He is one of the few who would run his socks off every game he played but I don't think he has enough in his tank now for international games

I'd take Miller in a heartbeat for the England game if his form continues. He has always said that he would answer the call if really needed. Was always a fan of Strachan but fear he has totally lost the plot recently. Time for him to get back to the players who have performed at international level before. I'd be happy with Miller up top with Maloney, Naismith and Anya playing in behind him. Maloney was our best player last campaign, Naismith has been involved in 2 games recently for Norwich and scored in both. Griffiths is not, nor will he ever be international class. Snodgrass needs to get back to his pre injury form and Burke is still a bit raw but with a lot of potential for the future. Would be happy to see Mulgrew back in the squad over Greer, Bardsley included as one of our full backs. Not sure about Charlie Adam's current form? Dissapointed Brown is no longer available.The best players should always be picked. How Martin starts and Naismith does not even make the bench, I'll never understand. Good players can come in and do a job even if they have not been playing week in, week out. Hutton is an example of this. He had some decent performances for us when he was out of the Villa team (not talking about his disastrous performance against Poland away).

4 hours ago, Kris Boyd said:

I'd take Miller in a heartbeat for the England game if his form continues. He has always said that he would answer the call if really needed. Was always a fan of Strachan but fear he has totally lost the plot recently. Time for him to get back to the players who have performed at international level before. I'd be happy with Miller up top with Maloney, Naismith and Anya playing in behind him. Maloney was our best player last campaign, Naismith has been involved in 2 games recently for Norwich and scored in both. Griffiths is not, nor will he ever be international class. Snodgrass needs to get back to his pre injury form and Burke is still a bit raw but with a lot of potential for the future. Would be happy to see Mulgrew back in the squad over Greer, Bardsley included as one of our full backs. Not sure about Charlie Adam's current form? Dissapointed Brown is no longer available.The best players should always be picked. How Martin starts and Naismith does not even make the bench, I'll never understand. Good players can come in and do a job even if they have not been playing week in, week out. Hutton is an example of this. He had some decent performances for us when he was out of the Villa team (not talking about his disastrous performance against Poland away).

The best players should be picked but Kenny Miller? No chance! Hutton shouldn't be near that squad either, nor Gordon greer. You mentioned Griffiths isn't international class? What is exactly?  

16 hours ago, girvanTA said:

The best players should be picked but Kenny Miller? No chance! Hutton shouldn't be near that squad either, nor Gordon greer. You mentioned Griffiths isn't international class? What is exactly?  

All about opinions mate, I would start Miller over Martin every day of the week. What is international class? Someone who has already proven themselves against decent international or Champions League opposition! Miller, Naismith and Fletcher have proven that they can score goals at this level. Fletcher v Poland, Naismith against Spain, Poland and others, Miller..... too many to mention, his goal against England (not that long ago) was class, turned his marker inside out before finishing brilliantly. Who has Griffiths ever scored against that you could say was decent opposition at this level. He is a decent SPL striker who can score regularly at that level when he is playing for a team that creates a ton of chances against far weaker opposition. IMHO he is not a guy who will be able to replicate that against decent/good International or Champions League opposition. I would play Naismith in the hole against England with Miller and Fletcher sharing the 90 minutes up top. Maloney on the right of Naismith and Anya on the left. Naismith and Maloney with the freedom to switch positions as they wanted.

6 hours ago, Kris Boyd said:

All about opinions mate, I would start Miller over Martin every day of the week. What is international class? Someone who has already proven themselves against decent international or Champions League opposition! Miller, Naismith and Fletcher have proven that they can score goals at this level. Fletcher v Poland, Naismith against Spain, Poland and others, Miller..... too many to mention, his goal against England (not that long ago) was class, turned his marker inside out before finishing brilliantly. Who has Griffiths ever scored against that you could say was decent opposition at this level. He is a decent SPL striker who can score regularly at that level when he is playing for a team that creates a ton of chances against far weaker opposition. IMHO he is not a guy who will be able to replicate that against decent/good International or Champions League opposition. I would play Naismith in the hole against England with Miller and Fletcher sharing the 90 minutes up top. Maloney on the right of Naismith and Anya on the left. Naismith and Maloney with the freedom to switch positions as they wanted.

Miller couldn't cut it against EPL standard defenders a decade ago. If he had been able to do so, he would have carved himself a career down there.

There's zero chance that he will do it against them now when he is past his peak.

Regarding strikers for Scotland it must be hard for Strachan to pick one. Griffiths was considered a trouble causer a while back wasn't he? Maybe a great scorer for Celtic but is he top level international quality? Can't be or a big English club would be after him. A poor man's Kenny Miller?  Martin is slow and not as tough and adept as a target man really needs to be. He hardly bullied the Lithuania defence? Rhodes is seen as pointless unless he scores and would he get enough chances at international level to score? Naismith knocking on a bit and was never an out and out forward? Burke is too young and needs to develop? Fletcher has bouts of club form but often messes up for Scotland (the strange attempt at a headed goal v Slovakia). McCormack is small but is decent at holding the ball but not really a lone striker? Would it be better to play 2 out and out forwards and get the ball forward more directly? I think Scotland do miss Kenny Miller's enthusiasm and pace. He always seemed to be right up for Scotland duty. Too old now to bring him back surely?  

Absolute drivel! Kenny Miller should be nowhere near the squad. To even consider him is a backwards move when we should be looking to get rid of the deadwood thats already there. If anything Kenny Miller is a poor man's Leigh Griffiths

I'm not sure why anyone would say Griffiths is not international class, we have seen enough of him in a Scotland shirt to determine this. He's done the business for his club and deserves the chance.

As for Kenny Miller, I'd have a one legged KM over chris martin any day of the week but his days are gone.

We should be calling up Rhodes, McCormack, Griffiths, Naismith and S.Fletcher as our forwards

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not sure why anyone would say Griffiths is not international class, we have seen enough of him in a Scotland shirt to determine this. He's done the business for his club and deserves the chance.

As for Kenny Miller, I'd have a one legged KM over chris martin any day of the week but his days are gone.

We should be calling up Rhodes, McCormack, Griffiths, Naismith and S.Fletcher as our forwards

that should say we haven't seen enough of Griffiths in a Scotland shirt to determine this

"Griffiths isn't international class"

An odd criticism when arguably most of our squad isn't, certainly not playing like it for nearly 2 years now.

Its a simple game. Play your best team and formation to win as many points as possible. Griffiths has to be given a chance as our main forward.