Morton v Aberdeen - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Morton v Aberdeen

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

:lol: 

Got to love the utter pish that the Tims are using to try and justify this in built advantage. 

The whole Celtic, Rangers end thing is a lot of tosh I agree, but I don't understand how it's an advantage.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mox said:

The whole Celtic, Rangers end thing is a lot of tosh I agree, but I don't understand how it's an advantage.

Getting the same environment in terms of changing rooms etc, every time they play at hampden, same routine is an advantage. 

It leads to familiarity, a more relaxed athlete and better performance. Routine and familiarity are common throughout sport to try and achieve optimal performance. 

There's not even a debate here IMO. It's an advantage. 

3 hours ago, jcs said:

I don't remember anybody complaining at the old Hamden when we had to stand in the "traditional" celtic end in the  pishin rain n the "traditional" Rangers end was covered .

:lol:

when I went to Hampden as a 9 year old for the Scottish cup semi-final and replay, the "Celtic end" was the family section.

At the 2011 cup final, the Motherwell buses had to go round Hampden and come in from basically Ibrox, which seemed pretty mental, so that Celtic could have their end.

It applies both ways, it's a pretty minor thing, but it is surely a small advantage as Parklife has detailed. To be fair in this case, both sides can have the same end as at the semi, so maybe not an issue, but I'd like to see it challenged.

(why is home advantage so important? It's all psychology really, shouldn't theoretically make any difference).