Morton v Aberdeen - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Morton v Aberdeen

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen will take 10k.  Morton will take 6k. But let's face it, the footballing authorities (the term used when you've had a few and can't remember the correct acronym) don't give a sh1t. Really tough game. I can see the Dons winning in extra time.

I won't be there as too busy drinking wine in Napa. Fingers crossed. COYR. 

30 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Is he a Morton fan?

Probably not his point...

morton brought about 4K to fir park for a last 16 game in 2007 (didn't realise it was as long ago!) saw a picture of it the other day, but can't remember where.

9 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Greenock paper last week said 12k, 3k Morton and 9k Aberdeen. 

I might go. Can't get Morton tickets online and the early KO isn't a help either, even worse from those traveling from further away. 

And there's a reduced train service on next weekend as well due to engineering works.

2 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

It would but from what I gather both clubs indicated that over 20k tickets would be required making Hampden the only choice. Looking like one or both have over estimated this one. 

I heard Morton said they expected 10k+ so it had to be at hampden. 

Aberdeen have been very vocal saying it was a bad idea. 

Stadium will be about 1/3 full.

21 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

And there's a reduced train service on next weekend as well due to engineering works.

Scotrail have put on a football special,no idea how many carriages,but believe it's about £45sh. 

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

F*ck me some common sense I didn't see that coming but lots of scheduled trains in the central belt are being cancelled for the next few weekends.

I did hear that. I'm just taking the kids in the car. Less hassle all round. 

Fair play to  Scotrail for putting on the special train -albeit the announcement was a couple of weeks later than need be - it should encourage a good few more to travel. As the line is shut from Perth-Glasgow, this train has to go via Fife and takes  more than three hours.

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Extra police drafted in for semi finalS

:lol:

I'm sure 15,000 on Saturday require extra policiing

The utter drivel that has come from the mouths of Police Scotland this week has been moronic and infuriating. Goes without saying of course their mates in the media have lapped it up.

Obviously our game on Sunday will be higher on the agenda but it's clear that they see this weekend as a great opportunity to treat football fans like parasites again and get the cells full to the brim. They really are a shower of shits. 

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

The utter drivel that has come from the mouths of Police Scotland this week has been moronic and infuriating. Goes without saying of course their mates in the media have lapped it up.

Obviously our game on Sunday will be higher on the agenda but it's clear that they see this weekend as a great opportunity to treat football fans like parasites again and get the cells full to the brim. They really are a shower of shits. 

this is where we differ in opinion, I don't believe they do this to spite football fans.

if fans behaved it wouldn't be required. If they have increased the police presence for Saturday its over zealous because the chances of trouble are very low, Sunday....................well thats a different story

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

this is where we differ in opinion, I don't believe they do this to spite football fans.

if fans behaved it wouldn't be required. If they have increased the police presence for Saturday its over zealous because the chances of trouble are very low, Sunday....................well thats a different story

In my experience, police at low risk fixtures like the game on Saturday are going out their way to justify their presence.

It may be down to clubs like Motherwell, Patrick thistle and stmirren trialling police free fixtures? Must be a killer for the overtime pot.

I take your point about behaving, and I think the boys that set off smoke bombs etc do themselves no favours, as they give justification.

2 incidents that immediately spring to mind are the league cup game at Cappielow last season where the police reaction to a 1 man 15 second pitch invasion was what I'd expect for a credible terrorist threat. I have genuinely never seen as many police appear in my life.

Another was where they "kettled" a group of kids at St mirren park for no apparent reason (a smoke bomb had been set off in a different area of the stand, but there were adults in that section). Our game had a minimal police presence, but Rangers had an early KO at Ibrox that had not long finished, so a lot of police at a loose end it seemed.

They only seem interested in harassing teenage boys.

Edited by sbcmfc