Yorkshire Dales - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My father-in-law is not long back from a week in Masham and he loved it. Loads of great walks (he did Ingleborough and pen-y-ghent), near to Ripon and Harrogate, and the two breweries as mentioned above - he had a good meal in the Black Sheep Brewery bistro.

There is a plethora of small villages with pubs, walks & peace & quiet. I've always liked Kettlewell although it can get a bit busy. You can get to places like Skipton & Haworth (Bronte Parsonage) in less than an hour from there, & there are plenty of walks round & about. Conistone down the way & Kilnsey Cragg. If you want a more upmarket hotel there's the Coniston Hotel/Spa (note different spelling; it's a different village), just off the A65 so useful for getting around. I used to go to quite a lot of work events there & have stopped there & it was a good spot.

Thanks everyone. Great advice. I'm certain Yorkshire Dales will provide a very good alternative to the Lake District for us........................as I explain to my wife that I've been on the Tartan Army Message Board getting advice on Yorkshire Dales which has her wondering if Scotland are playing England in Huddersfiled lol

9 hours ago, littleboyblue said:

I stayed near Masham for a week last summer and although this might not be appealing to you, Hampden View, we had a great day at the Forbidden Corner with the kids.  http://www.theforbiddencorner.co.uk/

Its not just for kids obviously but I would recommend it as a family day out.

Been to Forbidden Corner twice. Great for all ages. :ok: