Alex Rae - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alex Rae

macy37

Complete failure at St Mirren resulting in his dismissal only a few short weeks ago and now he finds himself in one of the most important roles within the national setup

It's no wonder folk turn there back on the national team, it's baffling decisions like these where I start to see where people who take no interest are coming from

Jobs for the boys

This is depressing news. 

The guys was woeful at St.Mirren and the way that he had them trying to play football was dreadful. 

A hard man that wants players to 'get stuck in' and plays atrocious direct football with no alternative. He's a football dinosaur. 

He also didn't seem to speak too positively about youth development at one of the fans Q&A sessions which can be found on youtube. 

I absolutely cannot think of anyone I'd less want to be in charge of a U19 team.

I'm a season ticket holder with St Mirren and a member of Tartan Army. I had to check the date to see if it was 1st April when I read about this appointment.

We've got no chance. No chance. 

Wonder what the job ad said?

Football coach required, proven track record not necessary, willingness to play unattractive football a definite advantage. Must have first class youth demoralisation qualification.

17 minutes ago, dezmondo said:

I remember having a drunken conversation in Prague about how we could overthrow the SFA. I think it's time to execute the plan. 

What, with Alex Rae? He's finished with the Spandeau is he no?

17 hours ago, dezmondo said:

I remember having a drunken conversation in Prague about how we could overthrow the SFA. I think it's time to execute the plan. 

Can we introduce those big banners like the green brigade and clubs around Europe use to enforce there political message?

It could read " Hoi Regan get tae fcuk ye fanny" or more seriously "SFA RIP 2016 time for new blood "

On another one we could have "Strachan can we play Martin at Centre Half and Griffiths up top please"