How big is this match? - Page 2 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How big is this match?

GaryWood34

I see it as a bit of a "rite of passage" for a Scotland fan to go to Wembley and watch the team play in a competitive game. My dad, grandparents, uncles, brothers etc. all went to Wembley for the home internationals tournaments and have such fond memories of it that I am just desperate to get there and experience it for myself. I was there in 2013 and I thought that would be as close as I got, but now we get the "real thing" and I am already overly excited.

The result and performance in Slovakia took the wind out of my sails a bit, but having watched England in the last few weeks, and also the Premiership, I feel there are a few chinks in their armour.

Add in to the above the fact that we are (somehow) only 3 points off the top of the group, and it really is as big a game as we get as Scotland fans. I am prone to letting early setbacks in games really get me down (much like the entire crowd against Lithuania!) but I am determined to keep a positive mind set throughout this game and back the team to the hilt.

And of course, the fact that this game is so important for the team and for me means that I am also ridiculously nervous. I am dreading the game being over by half time and us having nothing to sing about or celebrate.

1 hour ago, G1983 said:

I see it as a bit of a "rite of passage" for a Scotland fan to go to Wembley and watch the team play in a competitive game. My dad, grandparents, uncles, brothers etc. all went to Wembley for the home internationals tournaments and have such fond memories of it that I am just desperate to get there and experience it for myself. I was there in 2013 and I thought that would be as close as I got, but now we get the "real thing" and I am already overly excited.

The result and performance in Slovakia took the wind out of my sails a bit, but having watched England in the last few weeks, and also the Premiership, I feel there are a few chinks in their armour.

Add in to the above the fact that we are (somehow) only 3 points off the top of the group, and it really is as big a game as we get as Scotland fans. I am prone to letting early setbacks in games really get me down (much like the entire crowd against Lithuania!) but I am determined to keep a positive mind set throughout this game and back the team to the hilt.

And of course, the fact that this game is so important for the team and for me means that I am also ridiculously nervous. I am dreading the game being over by half time and us having nothing to sing about or celebrate.

Finally, some sanity on this thread.

A win against Lithuania and draw wi slovakia, this isn't the end of the world if we lost. But given the poor results we had, anything less than victory its game over. Can't see us getting that unless strachan pulls off some sort of miracle. We dont press teams enough and that is exactly what we would have to do. 

42 minutes ago, daddybuc16 said:

A win against Lithuania and draw wi slovakia, this isn't the end of the world if we lost. But given the poor results we had, anything less than victory its game over. Can't see us getting that unless strachan pulls off some sort of miracle. We dont press teams enough and that is exactly what we would have to do. 

I sat bored the other day in work guessing results and have us still finishing second while losing to England twice. Be nice to get some "bonus" points against England though.