Chances of trouble... - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chances of trouble...

C.B

Wondered what everyone's thoughts are on the chances of there being trouble? Obviously fingers crossed there's no problems at all. It wouldn't usually bother me but it is a competitive derby at Wembley, will likely attract a few of the nutty local firms and we saw how the England fans behaved over in France... 

To wear a kilt or not to wear a kilt?

Night out after the game or straight home/back to the hotel? 

Haven't had vast experience in the past of England away games due to my age so thought I would put it to the experienced TAMBers!

Thoughts?

• I think since we are mixing with the general English public who are basically civilised and friendly there will be a great atmosphere around London mainly. On the other hand, when we play in Glasgow the English who travel are the football "fans" who cause trouble and at best are arrogant and unfriendly.........in my experience! Few even wear colours which highlights their difference to the majority of football fans across the world.
  • Wear the kilt with pride and with confidence is my tuppence worth!

Very much doubt there will be any trouble, and with it being remembrance weekend probably find security in central London might be a slightly bit higher than it usually is.

Last few visits to Wembley (and London) have been no problem (odd scrap here and there, but that could happen anywhere we travel)..... its the last couple of games in Glasgow that have had the more poisonous atmosphere that felt like it could kick off at the drop of a hat (while Wembley has actually been very enjoyable).

Heard a number of folk say avoid the bars around Baker Street, as this is where the hard core of the English support drink pre-match.

Also need to remember for after the game that this will be English pub laws, so most places will be shut by time you get back into central London.

Edited by wanderer