Should The Yes Campaign Continue. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should The Yes Campaign Continue.

As a pressure group and an Independence movement shouldn't the YES campaign continue?

After all it would hit the ground running with members already joined, available funds and information at the ready if Westminster reneges on its promises, we are wrenched out of the EU, or even if there is a change of SNP leadership that has a hunger for another referendum.

YES centres, in all forms, could be set up all over Scotland ready and primed.

What's your feelings?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see an SNP/Green alliance take on Labour for Westminster next year. Should they go under the Yes Scotland banner? Would save on printing costs...

Imagine Scotland with YES café, bars etc. in every town, city and village in Scotland where pro Independent like minded people could meet.

Imagine the money that could be generated by membership fees for a few years leading up to another Independent referendum.

I also should have said it also could be a pressure movement to motivate and push a pro Independence party in charge at Holyrood.

If there is a yes pub in my town it will be the only pub I drink in.

(Unless the beer's rank)

Could he a useful hub for other activity as well.

Just what I'm thinking.

Café would be a good centre for the people who don't have enough information, a good talking shop.

Edited by antidote

No fukking rules. If were shafted next year then its game on. Stuff he nicities, fed up being shat on by Westminster.

:ok:

Aye, forget all of this "once in a lifetime", "once in a generation" crap.

18 months. Give them a few months to implement "the vow" (which will do no more than make Holyrood a tax-collecting, cut-implementing stooge for Westminster).

And forget your "Edinburgh Agreements". Not worth the paper that they are written on. We are dealing with cheats and liars.

And enough of the nicey-nicey approach. We've done the positive stuff to death. It is easy to point to it/reference it.

Shout the currency options from the off. 1/ Currency Union with agreement; 2/ Currency Union with no agreement (and both options just being a temporary measure until....) 3/ Our own currency; or 4/ Adopt the Euro.

And if the Shitebag 55 still vote NO - we're fuct!

We are an international laughing stock now. The only COUNTRY of shitebags who voted against their own Independence.

I won't be going to Hampden for a while. Not just because I might end up standing shoulder-to-shoulder with a shitebag, but because I am ashamed to call myself Scottish today.

Edited by morag

Info please?

I forgot to add that it could be an all encompassing group with members from all political, business, arts etc. Just like it was.

Talk of an all encompassing group with The 45 being banded about as the name.Still early days but people seem even more determined to be part of something and the first thing on the agenda is ruining the Labour Party in Scotland at the GE.