To Trafalgar Square or not to Trafalgar Square - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To Trafalgar Square or not to Trafalgar Square

hendryselbow

General consensus is naw I think. It'll likely be freezing anyway and if there's a ceremony on in the morning it's not going to look great if the square ends up in the same state it did the morning after last time.

There seems to be plenty of events planned and the atmosphere around the city will be buzzing anyway. Our group plan to pile off the train and drink in the city centre during the afternoon and then head out to the Wembley pubs later in the day. You'll not be far away from like-minded souls wherever you are on the 11th.

Edited by Daniel1875

6 minutes ago, Daniel1875 said:

General consensus in naw I think. It'll likely be freezing anyway and if there's a ceremony on in the morning it's not going to look great if the square ends up in the same state it did the morning after last time.

There seems to be plenty of events planned and the atmosphere around the city will be buzzing anyway. Our group plan to pile off the train and drink in the city centre during the afternoon and then head out to the Wembley pubs later in the day. You'll be be far away from like-minded souls wherever you are on the 11th.

That sounds about right, cheers! Better answer than that squirrel chap.

1 minute ago, hendryselbow said:

That sounds about right, cheers! Better answer than that squirrel chap.

I'd probably have ventured down for a couple of hours if there wasn't an event on during the day. We will most likely end up in a pub nearby in the afternoon anyway.

Seriously guys, I reckon there are a few pubs in London, going by its size.

Its going to be cold and raining, I'll be in one of the afore mentioned pubs. Keeping my Wembley das to the last minute as there is feck all in the surrounding area.

J

6 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Seriously guys, I reckon there are a few pubs in London, going by its size.

Its going to be cold and raining, I'll be in one of the afore mentioned pubs. Keeping my Wembley das to the last minute as there is feck all in the surrounding area.

J

Ye that's partly why I asked, Wembley surrounding area is gash for boozers! 

Obviously some are too cool to go to the Trafalgar Square traditional meeting point but if it appears appropriate given the Remembrance Day activities I'll be there with my group as I'm not a cool dude!.

It's traditional, it's fun, it's a great spectacle and believe it or not the tourists and locals love it.................in my humble opinion.

If it's a no go areas because of the Remembrance Day stuff I'll be disappointed but I'm sure I'll survive!

Of course if you prefer to go to a pub I say go for it. There are no rules!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe what I am reading . For the sake of your nation keep well clear of Trafalgar Square on 11th Novmber and allow those present to remember their war dead in peace . How would it look if  a load of Hibs supporters turned up at Haymarket after the ceremony on Remembrance Sunday singing football songs ,drinking  Buckfast and bouncing footballs off  war veterans heads , aye it would go down like a lead balloon . 

Please bear in mind that it was the Scots who did proportionally more of the fighting and dying in the wars .

Sorry about this rant , but I worry that a few idiots could bring shame on our country !

47 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I can't believe what I am reading . For the sake of your nation keep well clear of Trafalgar Square on 11th Novmber and allow those present to remember their war dead in peace . How would it look if  a load of Hibs supporters turned up at Haymarket after the ceremony on Remembrance Sunday singing football songs ,drinking  Buckfast and bouncing footballs off  war veterans heads , aye it would go down like a lead balloon . 

Please bear in mind that it was the Scots who did proportionally more of the fighting and dying in the wars .

Sorry about this rant , but I worry that a few idiots could bring shame on our country !

The problem is that those idiots that you are talking about will still go and act like louts. I am not saying that a large number of the TA won't go there and behave with respect but unfortunately the narrow minded ones will still go and make a nuisance of themselves anyway.....

19 minutes ago, Haggis1875 said:

Arrive in London early morning on the Thursday the only reason i will be going anywhere near  Trafalgar Square  will be to pay my respects. Pub or me but if there was another gathering elsewhere I would no doubt go along. 

Haggis,

See my post about an alternative location to Trafalgar Square. Nowhere confirmed yet but hoping to rally the troops......

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

THIS

Anyone who goes near Trafalgar Square on the Friday other than to pay their respects and leave is a complete idiot and is letting our nation down. This is simply not the day for hanging around, making a mess, putting fairy liquid in the fountains etc.