Article in Greek on us in Bratislava - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Article in Greek on us in Bratislava

lyonhibs

In the slightly quieter pub immediately opposite the Irish pub in Bratislava me and my mate got chatting to this Greek boy, who, it turns out, was a journalist back home in Greece there on holiday conveniently at the same time as the game was on.

So he decided to do an article on the Tartan Army which is now online - view in Chrome to translate it!

http://www.metrosport.gr/article/atraxion-tis-mpratislavas-andres-me-ta-kilt

I may be spotted in one of the photos at the bottom, on the 1 day I wasn't wearing some Scotland paraphernalia on my top half, but never mind. 

35 minutes ago, The Laud said:

Ok i,ll be first .How do you translate it.

If you use Chrome you get a pop up asking if you want it translated. It's not a great translation though

It does confirm however, that guys wearing jeans are a national embarrassment.:o:P.

Here's the copy and paste.

TOPIC: The attraction of Bratislava: The men in kilts

The «metrosport.gr» found alongside Scots fans eve Slovak-Scottish game and recorded the way of life ...

• Monday afternoon, 10 October, and the inhabitants of Bratislava show willing to change their daily rhythms, whether the next day had a ... fight, because the Slovak national faced the same in Scotland.

Responsibility for ... disturbing the enervating silence had given the Scots fans, who had begun to arrive in the capital, since each fight their representative assembly -especially when conducted outside edras- is "achasti" rite. When it comes to World Cup qualifiers, even then the reasons 

are obvious.

As the sun was setting, so the main streets smelled malt and hops, basic ingredients of beer. Besides, and this rite is ...

The «undress code» of checkered skirt

Each arrow in the old center of Bratislava looked in one direction, which was none other than Sedlarska Ulica (Ed: means street), where it was assembled bars, which seemed incapable of meeting the needs of Scots fans. One need only watched the looks of despair of the owners of pubs, who did not have the appropriate staff to serve their clients.

The environment, however, was very familiar, because the banner of «Tartan Army» (name given to fans of the Scotland national football team, who have won awards from several organizations for their calm demeanor, but also for their social work) had covered the facades of shops.

The image ... inside itself. Countless empty glasses that were filled in seconds, singing and dancing with the necessary accessories to be the typical skirt, called "kilts" and carries its own history.

With the thermometer shows close to seven points, hundreds of Scots ... not felt while to note that the rule expressly requires the absence of underwear (!), Just as did the warriors in order to feel more comfortable and to fight without internal ... obstacles.

The traditional skirt "kilts" appeared during the 16 th century and the colors were different, as you can see in the photos, and the tartan is the traditional checkered fabric, from which the kilts made.

Depending on their ancestors and the area in which lived, and choose the color. Many colors, different families, but common ideology and great love for the national team

Another Scot, another British

Inviolable rule, with known ethnic differences be printed on T-shirts of Scots, who were in a terribly good mood, waiting for victory of their team, even if the joys that have lived -in football level; minimal. Several families, people of all ages, who multiplied as time passed, but neither reason episodes. Besides, there was and rival. Nevertheless, the police presence was discreet with few men to monitor the traffic in the central streets of the city.

Officially, tickets were available were -about- 2,000. In the court of Trnava, certainly, almost 4,000 fans were, who they left frustrated after they against the 3-0, but relive the same scene and not intimidated in the least

Doe a deer

We turned to two fans who came from Zurich, Switzerland, to watch the match for the World Cup qualifier Russia. In Garry Jeromson (left in photo) and Peter Dickson (right in photo), who counted the hours to go on the field, with chartered coach.

"We are here to find ourselves next to our country's national team. It is something that we often do, whether there is interest in the league or not. It is difficult for most to understand the passion we have for our country. "

We asked for repetitive song that sounded in the streets of Bratislava.

"It's the« Doe a deer », from the film" A sound of Music », which was adopted by the Tartan Army and expresses our perfectly, so I heard then."

l?ebcid=ALh7CaSjAGVoRhhAnvSSz3WlkA7wtGFk

Edited by fringo