Friendlies - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendlies

glesgadan

As we seem to only have two away games planned for the next year, is there likely to be any away friendlies arranged?

four days after we visit Wembley, England have a friendly with Spain.

i haven't heard anything about any other games being arranged for Scotland.

this might allow the opportunity for those with low or zero points to get on the ladder.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rejoined the supporters club this year and there has only been one game offered to those on zero points. Unfortunately I was on my family holiday. 

Just think there needs to be the opportunity to build points with advance notice to try and arrange travel at a reasonable price. 

27 minutes ago, deecie said:

Finland was the pre-match chat in Slovakia.

Afterwards nobody wanted to ever watch football ever again.

unlikely we'll get a post-Wembley fixture now owing to the speculation on the manager's future.  Alex Rae's first match in charge of Scotland???
maybe a trip to somewhere sunny at the end of the season to top up the sun tans for the blazers ahead of the June fixtures?

20 minutes ago, glesgadan said:

I rejoined the supporters club this year and there has only been one game offered to those on zero points. Unfortunately I was on my family holiday. 

Just think there needs to be the opportunity to build points with advance notice to try and arrange travel at a reasonable price. 

Aye coz the SFA are all about making sure fans have the opportunity to accumulate some points! 

After the recent results I doubt very much there will be a game around the England game.

If we are beat next month, then I would have my doubts that there will even be a game in March also around the Slovenia game (let the new manager come in and focus solely on that), with probably our next friendly most likely at the end of May before we go into the England at Hampden game.

2016 has been a bit of over kill for away games, so I suspect 2017 will see mostly home friendlies (just a case of do we get one in March depending on the ,manager situation, but I fully expect one in May).

Trying new players and a new system for an easy friendly is a no brainer.

Those saying "there won't be a game because fans wont want to go" - It isn't about an away day and a jolly for you, it's about (hopefully a new manager) having some games to try new players and a more attacking formation so we can try and be something above rank rotten for a change.

22 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Trying new players and a new system for an easy friendly is a no brainer.

Those saying "there won't be a game because fans wont want to go" - It isn't about an away day and a jolly for you, it's about (hopefully a new manager) having some games to try new players and a more attacking formation so we can try and be something above rank rotten for a change.

Actually, it IS that - but it's also tied in with how much money the Scottish FA can get from traveling abroad for friendly matches.

We don't do a lot of "Home" friendlies. That's because the Scottish FA have to shell out to the visitors.

Away friendlies are a revenue stream for the Scottish FA.

13 hours ago, glesgadan said:

There was the opportunity. The previous years that you decided not to join. Can't blame anyone else for that I'm afraid.

10 hours ago, Chits And Pieces said:

There was the opportunity. The previous years that you decided not to join. Can't blame anyone else for that I'm afraid.

The other years I wasn't in a position to go to away games. For various reasons. 

I am rightly on zero points. 

My concern is that I could have paid a two year membership and only have the opportunity to buy a ticket for one game.