Friendlies - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendlies

glesgadan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheBigYin said:

Would be good to have two or three away friendlies next year. Its going to be difficult getting ssc tickets for the Lithuania and Slovenia games. 

Seems there's less appeal for home friendlies right now considering only 36k fans at the last competitive game

Take them to Rugby Park, Easter Road, Firhill or Tanadeecie even 

3 hours ago, TheBigYin said:

Would be good to have two or three away friendlies next year. Its going to be difficult getting ssc tickets for the Lithuania and Slovenia games. 

Seems there's less appeal for home friendlies right now considering only 36k fans at the last competitive game

I thought friendlies were for the benefit of the team, not for the fans ?

On 10/18/2016 at 10:31 PM, glesgadan said:

I rejoined the supporters club this year and there has only been one game offered to those on zero points. Unfortunately I was on my family holiday. 

Just think there needs to be the opportunity to build points with advance notice to try and arrange travel at a reasonable price. 

Shouldn't need points, you pay the same money as every one else does so stick every name in a hat to give every one a chance. I fact a fairer system would be to let the 0 pointers have first dibs and the 10 pointers last. They have obviously all ready had there fair share of tickets.

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Shouldn't need points, you pay the same money as every one else does so stick every name in a hat to give every one a chance. I fact a fairer system would be to let the 0 pointers have first dibs and the 10 pointers last. They have obviously all ready had there fair share of tickets.

Nothing wrong with the points system. 4(5 if you add Wembley) out of the last games have went to zero points so no excuse.

If you've not enough points despite the above facts then that's just the way the jobby splatters 

2 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Come on now it's basic fact! 

Well I live North of Dingwall and a Mac so I am really really really Scotish

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Nothing wrong with the points system. 4(5 if you add Wembley) out of the last games have went to zero points so no excuse.

If you've not enough points despite the above facts then that's just the way the jobby splatters 

Didn't know that, so why do people keep complaining they cant get on the ladder.

I fell of it years ago by the way.

31 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Exactly. Everyone knows that the further north you go the more loyal a Scotland you'll find

I'm a Dingwallian / Stornowegian exiled to Wien used to watch lots of Scotland u 18s u 15s Scottish amateurs and the like when I was a boy in the late 80s early 90s in old Telford st and Victoria Park.

I think we would have more of a home advantage at these venues. Maybe we can shift the WC qualifiers there ? Mind you the teams would be used to the smaller crowds !!

18 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Well I live North of Dingwall and a Mac so I am really really really Scotish

Didn't know that, so why do people keep complaining they cant get on the ladder.

I fell of it years ago by the way.

Because there's nothing quite like having a SSC bitching session 

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I think you will find you're mistaken.

since the renewal of membership this year, there has only been one game that went to zero points.

Slovakia needed 5 points, Malta 1 point, France 5 points, Italy 0 points, Czech Republic 1 point.

so of the last 5 games, only one has been available to me.

however I still think the points system is the fairest way to allocate tickets.

and I have now managed to get a ticket for Wembley however we have an unexpectedly large allocation for the game so I wasn't expecting to get a ticket.

13 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It runs on a rolling 10 match basis regardless of when the renewal period was

I understand that. My original point was that for those folk like me that rejoined this year or those folk that it's their first membership there's no really been any advantage to it, as only had the opportunity for one away  game up to now (before England).

the guarantee of home tickets doesnae really sell it either. If I wanted home tickets only, I wouldnae be paying membership for the privilege when the discount offered doesnae cover it.

if I paid full price with no membership, overall I would have paid less than those in the ssc who get discounted tickets.

On 19/10/2016 at 9:48 AM, Flure said:

Actually, it IS that - but it's also tied in with how much money the Scottish FA can get from traveling abroad for friendly matches.

We don't do a lot of "Home" friendlies. That's because the Scottish FA have to shell out to the visitors.

Away friendlies are a revenue stream for the Scottish FA.

Excellent post.

It's been so long since we've qualified for a major tournament that the SFA have forgotten that qualifying is the biggest revenue stream of them all!

The SFA are so busy maximising loads of pishy wee revenue streams that they've lost sight of their main reason for existing.

Our organisation of friendlies is piss poor as it always is.

Just as an example a team in our group who we need to compete against to get feckin out of it have arranged friendlies around EVERY one of their next 3 competitive games against world class opposition in Spain, Germany and France.

Then there's Slovakia? I haven't looked up their friendly list yet but they as well as England had a summer of competitive football.

Us? feckin feck aw! The space at November is going to come and go and if we do get anything else for the others it will be a last minute job as usual.

we should be arranging as many games and as much time together as possible particularly when its a feckin designated international fixture week!!

8 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Our organisation of friendlies is piss poor as it always is.

Just as an example a team in our group who we need to compete against to get feckin out of it have arranged friendlies around EVERY one of their next 3 competitive games against world class opposition in Spain, Germany and France.

Then there's Slovakia? I haven't looked up their friendly list yet but they as well as England had a summer of competitive football.

Us? feckin feck aw! The space at November is going to come and go and if we do get anything else for the others it will be a last minute job as usual.

we should be arranging as many games and as much time together as possible particularly when its a feckin designated international fixture week!!

Just looked this up out of interest. In November, Slovakia are playing Austria away, Slovenia are playing Poland away.

It's ok though, the manager doesn't like friendlies and we've tried out all possible formations and players so there's no need for them....... oh!

20 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Eh, loads of 5 pointers and below couldnt get tickets for france or Slovakia.