Friendlies - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendlies

glesgadan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, AustroSchotte said:

I'm a Dingwallian / Stornowegian exiled to Wien used to watch lots of Scotland u 18s u 15s Scottish amateurs and the like when I was a boy in the late 80s early 90s in old Telford st and Victoria Park.

I think we would have more of a home advantage at these venues. Maybe we can shift the WC qualifiers there ? Mind you the teams would be used to the smaller crowds !!

Is that you Trevor? Who I met in the Vienna Oktoberfest last week? (Iain here!) ?

Dont go to frendlies people. It only lines the pockets of the sfa.  Stop going as its just an excuse for the team to put even less effort in than usual.

Mind you, if we put any less effort in than the last game we d end up scoring own goals by the sh1t load.

Edited by bonny78

On 22 October 2016 at 0:50 AM, glesgadan said:

I understand that. My original point was that for those folk like me that rejoined this year or those folk that it's their first membership there's no really been any advantage to it, as only had the opportunity for one away  game up to now (before England).

the guarantee of home tickets doesnae really sell it either. If I wanted home tickets only, I wouldnae be paying membership for the privilege when the discount offered doesnae cover it.

if I paid full price with no membership, overall I would have paid less than those in the ssc who get discounted tickets.

Could've gone to the Italy friendly, that would have put you on 1 point.  That would have been enough to get a ticket for the Malta game, so you'd then be on 2 points.  Wembley would see you on 3 points.

11 hours ago, aaid said:

Could've gone to the Italy friendly, that would have put you on 1 point.  That would have been enough to get a ticket for the Malta game, so you'd then be on 2 points.  Wembley would see you on 3 points.

So your supposed to use up your annual holidays and disposable income to have a chance of tickets via the points system. You are then supposed to continue to do this to remain on the ladder. There is something fundamentally wrong with a system that only allows for people well of enough to get tickets. Basically the traveling support is now just well off individuals who can do this because they have the time and probably no dependents. Self employed, single,married with no kids or retired fits the bill.

57 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

So your supposed to use up your annual holidays and disposable income to have a chance of tickets via the points system. You are then supposed to continue to do this to remain on the ladder. There is something fundamentally wrong with a system that only allows for people well of enough to get tickets. Basically the traveling support is now just well off individuals who can do this because they have the time and probably no dependents. Self employed, single,married with no kids or retired fits the bill.

If you dont go to the pub every Friday & Saturday night and dont go to club football 4 or 5 trips abroad a year is affordable. Plus I go with my wife & son to all away games. 

We've all been on low points at one time.

13 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

If you dont go to the pub every Friday & Saturday night and dont go to club football 4 or 5 trips abroad a year is affordable. Plus I go with my wife & son to all away games. 

We've all been on low points at one time.

Well I don't drink and don't go to club football, But I would like to build a family holiday around a Scotland game, the current scheme makes this impossible. I do take my kids to home games but haven't taken the wife since the the Scotland Sweden game in 1996, try explaining how your wining when you never actually have the ball. Might take her again when we retire!

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Just harvest your points mate, loads cheaper and works out easier to get tickets in the long run. 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Im not well off, but manage just fine. Theres guys that I know that go to away games that earn a very small wage, it isnt a rich mans game.

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Well I don't drink and don't go to club football, But I would like to build a family holiday around a Scotland game, the current scheme makes this impossible. I do take my kids to home games but haven't taken the wife since the the Scotland Sweden game in 1996, try explaining how your wining when you never actually have the ball. Might take her again when we retire!

Maybe you should get in touch with FIFA and demand that they schedule the international calendar around the school holidays so that you can have your family holiday and go to Scotland games at the same time.  While you're at it, insist that all games are played in holiday resorts that have plentiful cheap flights, package deals and activities for the kids.

Your post just reeks of entitlement.

There is a system in place.  It's not perfect but given an excess of demand over supply it's the best available.  It is possible and easy to get on the points ladder if you prioritise and make some sacrifices along the way.   

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Your post just reeks of entitlement.

There is a system in place.  It's not perfect but given an excess of demand over supply it's the best available.  It is possible and easy to get on the points ladder if you prioritise and make some sacrifices along the way.   

I think he is emphasising the point that he can't take his family to a game...I'm guessing you don't have kids right and travel to all games with yer mates ? Right??

Football should be more family orientated and there should be some sort of system in place to allow travelling families. (If you can get the wife to go and look after the kids).

The system is draconian, money fleecing and it needs to change !

4 minutes ago, AustroSchotte said:

I think he is emphasising the point that he can't take his family to a game...I'm guessing you don't have kids right and travel to all games with yer mates ? Right??

Football should be more family orientated and there should be some sort of system in place to allow travelling families. (If you can get the wife to go and look after the kids).

The system is draconian, money fleecing and it needs to change !

Suggest an improvement then.

Most games are available to everybody. If the boy actually wanted to build a holiday around a Scotland game he could.

4 minutes ago, deecie said:

Suggest an improvement then.

Most games are available to everybody. If the boy actually wanted to build a holiday around a Scotland game he could.

Ring fence a percentage of tickets for families?? Don't know...personally I would only travel with my son's to the footy..my missus wouldn't want to be anywhere near it...oh and i'll no be sitting in the Scotland end when I go!

37 minutes ago, AustroSchotte said:

Ring fence a percentage of tickets for families?? Don't know...personally I would only travel with my son's to the footy..my missus wouldn't want to be anywhere near it...oh and i'll no be sitting in the Scotland end when I go!

Why should people with families be discriminated in favour of? In fact why should any group or sector of society be given any special status.

The current system rewards loyalty and excludes no-one*.

*aside from people who only want to go to the big games when it suits them.

1 hour ago, AustroSchotte said:

No absolutely not. Why should people with kids get special treatment.

9 minutes ago, AustroSchotte said:

-Who can pay an extra bit of wedge to be in the system.

Who prioritise following Scotland above other things, who use all their leave on that, who make sacrifices, who don't want a free ride.