Friendlies - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendlies

glesgadan

Nonsense, just my opinion. 

My dad took us as bairns to games just fine. Don't see why people should get special treatment. People who attend games deserve tickets, that's absolutely right. 

If someone can't afford to get on the ladder, or can't take the holidays, them tough. I drive a Hyundai because I can't afford a Ferrari, I don't moan about it. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I'm anything but sad. I work hard, pay my bills, have a family holday & still go to 3-5 away games a year with them.

Had a mate who had the option to visit me in NZ instead he went to the Kirin cup in Japan...I thought that was a bit sad...I dunno maybe sad is the wrong word...obsessive?  

Scotland are not producing enough for me to go to follow them to such financial burdens and extremities but too those who'd do I salute you.

2 minutes ago, AustroSchotte said:

Had a mate who had the option to visit me in NZ instead he went to the Kirin cup in Japan...I thought that was a bit sad...I dunno maybe sad is the wrong word...obsessive?  

Scotland are not producing enough for me to go to follow them to such financial burdens and extremities but too those who'd do I salute you.

Japan looks an amazing place to go watch your team play. I'd certainly rather go there than see you in New Zealand.

22 minutes ago, AustroSchotte said:

Why would I want to go to watch my country my team with people like you ?

Maybe you might want to think about why your mate chose to go Japan instead of visiting you in New Zealand.  It might be less about him and more about you. 

4 minutes ago, AustroSchotte said:

With that hamilton accies ISIS badge its just as well !!

Well my point is you don't really see the country when you go abroad with Scotland, the inside of the bar yes but the country no not really.

In which case, your point is nonsense. I can see why your wise friend chose to not visit you in New Zealand.

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Maybe you should get in touch with FIFA and demand that they schedule the international calendar around the school holidays so that you can have your family holiday and go to Scotland games at the same time.  While you're at it, insist that all games are played in holiday resorts that have plentiful cheap flights, package deals and activities for the kids.

Your post just reeks of entitlement.

There is a system in place.  It's not perfect but given an excess of demand over supply it's the best available.  It is possible and easy to get on the points ladder if you prioritise and make some sacrifices along the way.   

This

a member on 1 point and a member on 10 points each have one thing in common, they both started out on zero points

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 hour ago, deecie said:

I've already been. Gonna head back to conquer Wyvis sometime soon too.

Was up there in May with the snow patches, Straight over from car park behind at Garve down the South face and into Dingwall. Absolute Cracker views at the top o cairngorms, the Firths and NW Highlands

Edited by AustroSchotte

19 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Well I don't drink and don't go to club football, But I would like to build a family holiday around a Scotland game, the current scheme makes this impossible. I do take my kids to home games but haven't taken the wife since the the Scotland Sweden game in 1996, try explaining how your wining when you never actually have the ball. Might take her again when we retire!

Woops forgot to mention the kids are 18 and 19 and both in University. the state reckons they are still children, so do I and most people with children will understand. Cost a bloody fortune! . Point is I will never be gtd a ticket until I get on the ladder and I assume my kids would have to as well. Major expense alert. Ring fence some tickets for non club members, with or without kids. The travel club has taken a lot away from the common supporter  and given it to a select few. Me and my kids can afford to go to one game a year but will never be able to thanks to a system employed simply to make the SFA an extra couple of quid

Not sure were you got "the boy" from deecie

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Woops forgot to mention the kids are 18 and 19 and both in University. the state reckons they are still children, so do I and most people with children will understand. Cost a bloody fortune! . Point is I will never be gtd a ticket until I get on the ladder and I assume my kids would have to as well. Major expense alert. Ring fence some tickets for non club members, with or without kids. The travel club has taken a lot away from the common supporter  and given it to a select few. Me and my kids can afford to go to one game a year but will never be able to thanks to a system employed simply to make the SFA an extra couple of quid

Not sure were you got "the boy" from deecie

:lol: Post of the year

21 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Missed my daughters first birthday for the Brazil game in 98 so ha ha bet you weren't there:lol:

Pretty shit thing to do :blink:, but you're right, I wasnt there. I was however 18 years old and on holiday in Gran Canaria for 2 weeks, and had a great time.

55 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Pretty shit thing to do :blink:, but you're right, I wasnt there. I was however 18 years old and on holiday in Gran Canaria for 2 weeks, and had a great time.

Funny thing is me and my mates went in our early 30's thinking it was the last chance we had to go to a world cup finals at an age young enough to enjoy the experience ................little did we know. You'll be touching 50 wishing you had given Gran Canaria a miss :(