Friendlies - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendlies

glesgadan

On 10/18/2016 at 10:31 PM, glesgadan said:

I rejoined the supporters club this year and there has only been one game offered to those on zero points. Unfortunately I was on my family holiday. 

Just think there needs to be the opportunity to build points with advance notice to try and arrange travel at a reasonable price. 

Where you want a jolly should be the last thing on the SFA's mind.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/23/2016 at 9:53 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

So your supposed to use up your annual holidays and disposable income to have a chance of tickets via the points system. You are then supposed to continue to do this to remain on the ladder. There is something fundamentally wrong with a system that only allows for people well of enough to get tickets. Basically the traveling support is now just well off individuals who can do this because they have the time and probably no dependents. Self employed, single,married with no kids or retired fits the bill.

I was at 8/9 points for a good few years, i certainly never had a massive wage at that time. I'm now at 5pts but that's down to personal choice. 

System is fine.

22 hours ago, AustroSchotte said:

Had a mate who had the option to visit me in NZ instead he went to the Kirin cup in Japan...I thought that was a bit sad...I dunno maybe sad is the wrong word...obsessive?  

Scotland are not producing enough for me to go to follow them to such financial burdens and extremities but too those who'd do I salute you.

That's his choice.

That said, whilst i enjoy going to away games and have done regularly for well over a decade, i still enjoy going to Ibiza with my mates, on holiday with my burd, going to gigs etc.

Spending every spare penny on following Scotland isn't for me. Variety is the spice of life, not travelling Europe listening to the same Proclaimers CD in pubs! 

10 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The trouble with most zero-low pointers is that they just don't fancy the unfashionable destinations

I think the point of my original post has been missed.

i am rightly on zero points and I think it's the fairest system we have.

i am now in a position that I can afford to travel and aye to unfashionable places too.

my point was that as I rejoined in march and there was no guarantee that I could rejoin, my family holiday was already booked and therefore could not go to the game in May. It's the only game that I couldnae make. However it's the only game that has been available to those on zero points before the England game.

my original post was around friendly games and why all the other nations already have games arranged and we don't.

we talk about younger players no being experienced enough yet we don't have any games arranged for them to get experience.

i don't expect the sfa to arrange games for me to get points but I do expect them to be on the ball and arranging games for our players to get game time in a Scotland shirt.

9 hours ago, glesgadan said:

I think the point of my original post has been missed.

i am rightly on zero points and I think it's the fairest system we have.

i am now in a position that I can afford to travel and aye to unfashionable places too.

my point was that as I rejoined in march and there was no guarantee that I could rejoin, my family holiday was already booked and therefore could not go to the game in May. It's the only game that I couldnae make. However it's the only game that has been available to those on zero points before the England game.

my original post was around friendly games and why all the other nations already have games arranged and we don't.

we talk about younger players no being experienced enough yet we don't have any games arranged for them to get experience.

i don't expect the sfa to arrange games for me to get points but I do expect them to be on the ball and arranging games for our players to get game time in a Scotland shirt.

Yes - Especially after Strachans comments "we need to find a system that works".

Please stop playing tried and tested failures and give some youth a chance you walloper.