Team and Rationale - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team and Rationale

KennyMiller

Gordon GK (Have always been team Marshall but he conceded 6 at the weekend and feel that big international match experience and as much of it as possible is required)

Wallace LB (stronger than Tierney, we need strength and with Robertson out it makes sense)

Berra CB (Martin and Hanley doesn't work together).

Martin CB

Paterson RB

Burke RW

Fletcher DMC (Protect a poor defence - control the game)

Morrison MC

Ritchie MC

Naismith LW (can't remember too many bad matches he's played in a Scotland top, him or Maloney. Experience)

Griffiths FW (set pieces are incredible, running is second to none, and he will never say die. Won't have bad memories of these defenders like Fletcher will)

I wouldn't let our right back or left back over the half way line during open play (within reason). Slovakia, Germany, England X 2 all got us down the right hand side numerous times. Allow Burke and Naismith to do the running back and forth.

Edited by KennyMiller

Agree regarding Marshall.

While Gordon has let mistakes creep into his game, I think he has the ability to make saves he's no right to, Marshall while steady enough doesn't give you that, and I don't think he inspires confidence in those in front of him.

I feel like we are waiting on him to chuck in 2 goals in one game to "lose the gloves".