Minutes silence ? - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Minutes silence ?

Graham of Montrose

Never been a tradition.A load of bollocks if you ask me.11th minute of the 11th hour on the 11thday of november is the time for it.everyone wants to bring this minutes clapping for this a minutes silence for that to football nowadays.We are here to watch a game of football and thats what it should be.

11 minutes ago, The Laud said:

Never been a tradition.A load of bollocks if you ask me.11th minute of the 11th hour on the 11thday of november is the time for it.everyone wants to bring this minutes clapping for this a minutes silence for that to football nowadays.We are here to watch a game of football and thats what it should be.

I agree

But if they do decide to hold a silence I'd like to think we'd observe it impeccably regardless of our own private thoughts on whether it should or should not be taking place.

3 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I doubt they'll be one. There was the thing in Cyprus a few years ago that FIFA/UEFA don't like that sort of thing. Didn't we have poppies on the track top only.

What will happen is that the FA will mention it to UEFA, who will say no.  Then someone from the English media will ask the FA if there's going to be a minute's silence and they'll say "UEFA says no". Then the English media will go mental, especially the Mail, Sun and the Express.  Then UEFA will deny they blocked it and there will be a minute's silence.   Same thing as the Belarus game when Diana Spencer died.