Saturday 12th Nov - Local Matches - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Saturday 12th Nov - Local Matches

Parklife

Anyone able to suggest a game to go to in London on the Saturday after our game? Looking at the fixtures, only Millwall seem to be at home out of the London based League teams. 

Anyone know of any conference/conference south teams that are at home and play within an easy commute from Central London? 

29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Anyone able to suggest a game to go to in London on the Saturday after our game? Looking at the fixtures, only Millwall seem to be at home out of the London based League teams. 

Anyone know of any conference/conference south teams that are at home and play within an easy commute from Central London? 

Bromely are in kent. They are also at home v boreham wood. Conference team im sure.

26 minutes ago, deecie said:

I'm informed that the millwall game is likely to be cancelled due to international call ups.

Ahhh feck! Thanks for that. 

14 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Bromely are in kent. They are also at home v boreham wood. Conference team im sure.

Cheers. Now the Millwall game is likely to be cancelled, this might be the best option! 

Dagenham and Redbridge in the National league are at home as well against Gateshead. In the National South Dartford are at home to Hemel Hempstead Town. I was considering the Dagenham game but have booked an early train up the road instead.

GIllingham play Northampton in League One.

Colchester play Leyton Orient, Luton v Accrington Stanley and Wycombe v Morcombe in League Two.

All doable from London.

Lad in the office is a Gills fan and doesn't drive. He trains from Bristol to Paddington, then hacks across London to get a train to Gillingham and back every second week. Fair play to the man.

Ill ask about tickets and trains, etc.

J

Cheers for the replies guys. Looks like if Millwall aren't playing then it's a bit of a journey. Don't really fancy spending 2.5 hours on a train for a return journey. 

12 hours ago, Alan said:

Kingstonian v Dulwich Hamlet. A South London derby. Easy to get to and still in London.

http://www.kingstonian.com/contact/

Dulwich are the non-league team that have a pretty hard core Ultra's section (in a good way) who are developing a kind of old school St Pauli reputation?

11 hours ago, hoofitharder said:

Me and my lad are taking in this game.this is the ground where afc wimbledon play

Ian

Not much around the ground (couple of cafe's and a restaurant, but no pubs) but one of the two bars in the main stand should be open.... when I go down for AFC Wimbledon games and coming in from Central London I usually get off at Wimbledon for a pint in the Prince of Wales and meet up with mates, then train down to Norbiton for a few pre-match and at h/t in the main stand bar.

Edited by wanderer

6 hours ago, wanderer said:

Dulwich are the non-league team that have a pretty hard core Ultra's section (in a good way) who are developing a kind of old school St Pauli reputation?

Not much around the ground (couple of cafe's and a restaurant, but no pubs) but one of the two bars in the main stand should be open.... when I go down for AFC Wimbledon games and coming in from Central London I usually get off at Wimbledon for a pint in the Prince of Wales and meet up with mates, then train down to Norbiton for a few pre-match and at h/t in the main stand bar.

Thanks for that. is the ground far from the train station as there seems to be a few pubs close to there.

Ian

14 minutes ago, hoofitharder said:

Thanks for that. is the ground far from the train station as there seems to be a few pubs close to there.

Ian

a good (a do mean A GOOD!!!!) 5 minute walk to Norbiton station.

The station is in the middle of a housing estate which you have to wind your way through to get to the main road.... there you have a couple of places (Fat Boy's Cafe is a good place to grab something to eat) and the ground is just down the road a little bit.

Its totally different than when Wimbledon play, as Kingstonian only play to crowds of 150-250ish (probably be a slightly bigger attendance at this match with Dulwich (someone was once telling me that apparently they keep a swear jar in their section and anyone who uses fowl or offensive words or chants has to pay a fine :lol: )

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

Cheers for the replies guys. Looks like if Millwall aren't playing then it's a bit of a journey. Don't really fancy spending 2.5 hours on a train for a return journey. 

Dagenham and Redbridge v Gateshead is your best bet if Millwall is off

Easy to get to  Dagenham East tube station on the District Line from Central London.

Should be roughly £20 to get in and it's a decent wee ground.  I used go now and again to watch the Daggers when I lived in that neck of the woods and it was usually a good laugh.

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

20 hours ago, Alan said:

Kingstonian v Dulwich Hamlet. A South London derby. Easy to get to and still in London.

http://www.kingstonian.com/contact/

Maidenhead are at home to Bath City in the National League South. 40 minutes on the train from Paddington and the ground - the oldest continually used football ground in the world - is two minutes from the station.   

Come along Alan and I'll even buy you a pint. 

7 hours ago, wanderer said:

In the real world they are a bunch of hipster wanks.  If the fixture was at Dulwich, I'd recommend it as Champion Hill itself is pretty good whereas Kingstonian is a bit shit and it's much further than a five minute walk to the ground.