Saturday 12th Nov - Local Matches - Page 2 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Saturday 12th Nov - Local Matches

Parklife

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:38 AM, Parklife said:

Cheers for the replies guys. Looks like if Millwall aren't playing then it's a bit of a journey. Don't really fancy spending 2.5 hours on a train for a return journey. 

You have only 2 reasonable suggestions.

Kingstonians - train from Waterloo

Dagenham & Redbridge - District line. I forgot they were now non league

The above are practical. Gillingham, Maidenhead, Calais, Berwick all far away.

15 minutes ago, Alan said:

You have only 2 reasonable suggestions.

Kingstonians - train from Waterloo

Dagenham & Redbridge - District line. I forgot they were now non league

The above are practical. Gillingham, Maidenhead, Calais, Berwick all far away.

I'm not wishing to make it my life's work to act as a fact check service for you but door-to-door there isn't much difference on journey times to Kingstonian, Dagenham or Maidenhead.

London is of course a very big place so it depends on where you start from but given that all Scotland fans will be at the Mecca that is Trafalgar Square, from Charing Cross, they will all take just under an hour. Can't comment on Calais, Berwick or Gillingham. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2016 at 3:30 PM, aaid said:

In the real world they are a bunch of hipster wanks.  If the fixture was at Dulwich, I'd recommend it as Champion Hill itself is pretty good whereas Kingstonian is a bit shit and it's much further than a five minute walk to the ground. 

Dulwich Hamlet are now playing at home.

They've got a cup game against Chesham (15:00) so KIngstonian away has been postponed.

I'd advise getting there early - this is a seventh tier club (with a seventh tier ground) which now sometimes gets crowds of 2,000+.

The queues for the hipster craft beer can be pretty horrific 

15 hours ago, Tartan BGS said:

Dulwich Hamlet are now playing at home.

They've got a cup game against Chesham (15:00) so KIngstonian away has been postponed.

I'd advise getting there early - this is a seventh tier club (with a seventh tier ground) which now sometimes gets crowds of 2,000+.

The queues for the hipster craft beer can be pretty horrific 

For the last couple of seasons I was following Dulwich. Great atmosphere with the 'Dultras', you could pop into Sainsburys next door and walk straight in with a carry oot. But like all good things they come to an end...thus being all the hipsters turning up with bottles of Sambuca and shot glasses taking the piss!! So no more carry oot and 100 deep at the bar!

So we now follow the mighty Fisher Fc. A club with a fantastic history from Bermondsey. We followed them on and off for a few years but due to the state of the club (sharing at Dulwich and maybe 10 fans and pish football) it was hard work on a winters night! But now at last this season they returned to Salter Road in Bermondsey and a brand new park. Pity they're away on Saturday but if anyone gets the chance they're only playing at Longfield just south of London in Kent. 

Check out the History of Fisher!!