Scotland v Slovenia - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Slovenia

j b lyons

Our next home game v Slovenia has a 1945 kick off on a Sunday! :o

I know FIFA have set the kick off times but surely the home association should have an input as to this. Different countries have different football cultures and surely FIFA should take account of this. For some this is not unusual but Saturday and Sunday nights have never been kick off times in Scotland and I dread to think of the crowd for this one. It will be a hard game against a very good team but I think we will struggle to get more than 25,000 in for that particularly if we don't get a result against England.

FIFA don't give a s**t about fans :banghead:

51 minutes ago, j b lyons said:

Our next home game v Slovenia has a 1945 kick off on a Sunday! :o

I know FIFA have set the kick off times but surely the home association should have an input as to this. Different countries have different football cultures and surely FIFA should take account of this. For some this is not unusual but Saturday and Sunday nights have never been kick off times in Scotland and I dread to think of the crowd for this one. It will be a hard game against a very good team but I think we will struggle to get more than 25,000 in for that particularly if we don't get a result against England.

FIFA don't give a s**t about fans :banghead:

Fcukin ridiculous time,

6 hours ago, 1ANDYP said:

take Monday off. we only have a handful of games every year.

No thanks. Got enough commitments without having to take days off from my work due to Sunday night games. 

The thought of travelling back up to Aberdeen at 2am on a Monday morning really doesn't do it for me. 

Totally agree that the timings are pish but I'm in the same camp as Andy. We only have 2 or 3 home games a year and I make sure I can get to them all. Sunday is actually  better option because I don't have to take a holiday that day. But for us in the North East (I'm from Aberdeen South, Portlethen) a midweek game is 1 1/2 or 2 days off. It's sometimes easier to get to an away game than home.

An embarrassing performance at Wembley could be the straw that breaks the camels back for me.. Well for this campaign anyway.

Edited by Doric

On 10/21/2016 at 11:00 PM, Graham of Montrose said:

Totally agree that the timings are pish but I'm in the same camp as Andy. We only have 2 or 3 home games a year and I make sure I can get to them all. Sunday is actually  better option because I don't have to take a holiday that day. But for us in the North East (I'm from Aberdeen South, Portlethen) a midweek game is 1 1/2 or 2 days off. It's sometimes easier to get to an away game than home.

:ok:

On 21/10/2016 at 7:51 PM, BMan said:

No thanks. Got enough commitments without having to take days off from my work due to Sunday night games. 

The thought of travelling back up to Aberdeen at 2am on a Monday morning really doesn't do it for me. 

You obviously don't go to evening games anyway,so what's the point in the moan?

You're not going because it's 7:45 ko,allmidweek games ko at that time at home. 

You're taking less time off work (if any at all) if you go. 

Seems like a moan for the sake of it imo. 

Nope, 100% 1945 Kick off, confirmed on every site I have seen (including SKY). Return match in Slovenia is also on a Sunday and that is 1700 kick off

• 2 weeks later...
On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 1:17 PM, 1ANDYP said:

take Monday off. we only have a handful of games every year.

Not everyone can take days off work when they want. 

I originally would have driven to this game and got home at 3-4am and just got on with it the next day. 

Now though I imagine I'll just watch it on tv. Can't see the enthusiasm for going coming back.

23 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Not everyone can take days off work when they want. 

I originally would have driven to this game and got home at 3-4am and just got on with it the next day. 

Now though I imagine I'll just watch it on tv. Can't see the enthusiasm for going coming back.

I'd rather watch Heartbeat

I started this topic because I was really annoyed at the kick off time for a Sunday as travelling up from Kent for games is always a 'pain' without added aggravation of a late Sunday night kick off. Following the last few games that problem has now gone as I will not now be making the journey due to a total lack of enthusiasm and have cancelled my time off from work for the Monday which would have been my travelling time home. Due to the combination of results / performances & Kick off time I can see this being the smallest Hampden crowd since the 70's.

I will still be attending the England game in June but only because I am already going to be up in Scotland for a holiday but it is not a game I can look forward to at the moment although I am sure my enthusiasm will eventually return. I am still going to Lithuania and Slovenia but only because I have friends there and had already booked. I have not felt this despondent about a Scotland team since I first started going back in 1967 and can't see any real light at the end of the tunnel . . . especially as we don't seem to have any 'up and coming' central defenders anywhere in sight which is the heart of our problem :wacko: