STRACHAN - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

STRACHAN

bigfathagiz

Martin and Hanley have played together how long?  We have lost goals against Gibralter, Malta, Slovakia, Georgia, Lithuania....etc etc. We lose goals from free kicks, corners, open play.... it is awful.

Who does Strachan have in his backroom staff that is a proven international player with experience to organise and structure defences?  No Colin Hendry, no Davie Weir, no Richard Gough, Alan Hansen, Willie Miller, Alex McLeish, roy aitken, danny mcgrain, .... it is so obvious he needs to bring someone in who can organise the defence and assess players strengths. We have Strachan because of a support that chanted his name after beating Gibralter in Portugal...he should have been sacked how many other managers kept their jobs after failing to qualify for the Euros?    Strachan plays zonal when it does not work....he man marks when it should be zonal.....he never protects his posts and never runs out at free kicks only some of his failings.......he plays players out of position, players who are not match fit, and omits in form players Wallace, Mcormack, Berra, Bardsley, George Boyd, Armfield, Charlie Adam, Griffiths, Dorrans.....he then plays young guys like Burke for two games then banishes them....... how awful to treat a young guy like that.   So with this in mind Will we beat England will we qualify for Russia us Strachan the man and why has he no help in his backroom staff for defence?

Apparently, WGS was at McD when we played Hearts. The Hearts goalie had a poor game, Saints goalie played a blinder. The next squad - Hearts goalie was in it (not for a minute saying Zander is Scotland level (yet) but hopefully you get my point). At the same game Steven Anderson played an aboslute blinder in defence  (and he can score from time to time too). My point is not that i want these St J players in the Scotland team. It's - why does Strachan go to games to asses players, when players in these games play brilliantly but he still picks who he was going to anyway? PS - I still think Ando has to brush up on his goal celebrations ;-)

I'm not sure Souter is ready yet... Still making a lot of mistakes, at least he was last season.

i would go with....

bardsley, Martin, Berra, Robertson 

just now.  Would be tempted to play 5 at the back but we don't have enough quality centre halls.  Did cross my mind that Darren fletcher could play sweeper.

9 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Stewart Regan was on Sky Sports News HQ according to twitter so what did that clown say regarding our donkey gaffer?

read elsewhere that Strachans job is now on Match by Match basis

19 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I'm not sure Souter is ready yet... Still making a lot of mistakes, at least he was last season.

i would go with....

bardsley, Martin, Berra, Robertson 

just now.  Would be tempted to play 5 at the back but we don't have enough quality centre halls.  Did cross my mind that Darren fletcher could play sweeper.

5 at back is what we need to do v engerland.  Also get ready to hack them

36 minutes ago, Saint4805 said:

Most of Wembley will be singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" and "Cheer up Gordon Strachan..." throughout the match.

I can only hope that he has agreed to step down after Wembley barring an unlikely win.

I hope you don't think Scotland fans will

be singing that under any circumstance.

This is all of us. ALL. Against them.

Hanley is the problem, drop him and play berra. Newcastle see how rubbish he is and now he is not even on the bench. I posted a kingsley Berra centre back pairing and i stand by that. 

Also if souttar is not ready when will be be? when he plays for an english championship team? Remember the days when we had Pressley, Webster and Wilkie at the back...

16 hours ago, Bino's said:

Hanley was always a puddin and now he's a puddin that isnt even playing

drop him and the defence will improve

Its definitely time for Berra to play. He's playing every week for Ipswich.

We had a poor U21 campaign with Souttar at CB so unsure if he is the answer at the moment.

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:40 PM, noctonjock said:

I hope England play Stones and Smalliing at centre backs .After the weekend they both make Hanley look like Beckenbaeur 

Both of them would be our best centre backs in 20 years if we had them - 1000000000 miles ahead of Hanley in ability.