Danny Swanson - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alzay

With Danny Swanson in the form of his life with 9 goals from 14 appearances for St Johnstone a team always near the top in recent years, surely its time for GS to start picking these guys. Aberdeen also have a wealth of talent getting ignored as does Hearts, St Johnstone and other top Scottish sides. 

These guys cant do any worse then the dross playing recently. 

12 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Nope. If he was any good he wouldn't be playing for a team like st Johnstone 

There are some players playing for teams "like st Johnstone" who are probably good enough for Scotland however Swanson is not one of them. Watched him laze around and not care a jot for Hearts last season. 

Griffiths and Richie on our set plays please.

11 hours ago, Alzay said:

With Danny Swanson in the form of his life with 9 goals from 14 appearances for St Johnstone a team always near the top in recent years, surely its time for GS to start picking these guys. Aberdeen also have a wealth of talent getting ignored as does Hearts, St Johnstone and other top Scottish sides. 

These guys cant do any worse then the dross playing recently. 

hahahaha Swanson in the Scotland squad?! You sure your name isn't "Alkay"?

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

The crap that you've been coming away with recently means your opinion here is, as you say, horseshit. 

Goodness me.

I am a Scotland supporter on a Scotland forum offering my opinion on the national side which I pay to watch and enjoy talking about. My opinions so far have been as follows.

Swanson is garbage and overweight.

Miller would be worth a call up even just for experience

Souttar is ready for the national team.

I don't hate Strachan.

I don't understand the begging for away end tickets when everyone who wanted one had the opportunity to get one.

Tierney is okay - He will get there but has poor stamina and strength and I do not believe he should be a starter. 3rd or 4th choice left back.

Griffiths should be starting, play 90 minutes and take every set piece we have.

My opinions, you'll have a long hard life my friend if you don't let people express theirs.

Edited by KennyMiller
spelling

21 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

Goodness me.

I am a Scotland supporter on a Scotland forum offering my opinion on the national side which I pay to watch and enjoy talking about. My opinions so far have been as follows.

Miller would be worth a call up even just for experience

I don't hate Strachan.

I don't understand the begging for away end tickets when everyone who wanted one had the opportunity to get one.

Tierney is okay - He will get there but has poor stamina and strength and I do not believe he should be a starter. 3rd or 4th choice left back.

Griffiths should be starting, play 90 minutes and take every set piece we have.

My opinions, you'll have a long hard life my friend if you don't let people express theirs.

interesting thoughts, here's my thoughts, once you take the maroon shades off and look at this season not last, Swanson not overweight and ripped Hearts a new one in the league cup a couple of months ago and going by current form wouldn't be any worse than some of the dross I've seen in a Scotland shirt, only my opinion.

Miller is past it and not the way forward

Souttar is not ready

Who's begging, there wasn't enough to go round.

Tierney is more than okay and certainly higher than 3rd or 4th choice

Griffith should start but taking everything, not going to happen

1 minute ago, Malfaetheburgh said:

interesting thoughts, here's my thoughts, once you take the maroon shades off and look at this season not last, Swanson not overweight and ripped Hearts a new one in the league cup a couple of months ago and going by current form wouldn't be any worse than some of the dross I've seen in a Scotland shirt, only my opinion.

Miller is past it and not the way forward

Souttar is not ready

Who's begging, there wasn't enough to go round.

Tierney is more than okay and certainly higher than 3rd or 4th choice

Griffith should start but taking everything, not going to happen

I respect these thoughts though don't agree.

I pride myself in having no maroon tinted specs - I like Griffiths, think Paterson is bang average, think Miller (who has played for my 3 most hated clubs) is a class act.

1 minute ago, KennyMiller said:

I respect these thoughts though don't agree.

I pride myself in having no maroon tinted specs - I like Griffiths, think Paterson is bang average, think Miller (who has played for my 3 most hated clubs) is a class act.

Agree Kenny Miller has been good for Scotland over the years, but think the good years are now behind him

1 hour ago, KennyMiller said:

Goodness me.

swanson was garbage and overweight you are correct but he is not garbage and overweight now.

I am not saying he should be in the squad but he is playing superb just now, one of the best midfield players in the SPL at the moment, no doubt about it.

he does seem to have sorted himself out.

I wouldn't dismiss the OP

Look at the likes of McGinn, McGovern, Magennis and the boy Church who was at Aberdeen. They all went to the Euros, no danger would they ever be anywhere near a Scotland cap if they were Scottish, it's maybe about time WGS or whoever takes over looks at what's right in front of them instead scraping through the lower English leagues

21 hours ago, weejohn said:

swanson was garbage and overweight you are correct but he is not garbage and overweight now.

I am not saying he should be in the squad but he is playing superb just now, one of the best midfield players in the SPL at the moment, no doubt about it.

he does seem to have sorted himself out.

Indeed John he is certainly a different player who i watched play at Hearts which is more than a bit annoying, he didn't seem interested.

There are probably better options at the moment as its one of the positions where we have a bit of strength in depth but if he keeps playing like he is he may well force his way in.

22 hours ago, KennyMiller said:

He is not yet ready, he is still a young laddie who has made significant improvement since he signed and is a very exciting prospect but he is still learning his trade