Confirmation or ineptitude by the SFA - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Confirmation or ineptitude by the SFA

kumnio

7 hours ago, deecie said:

Good post.

After the Poland game it took a hell of a lot of persuasion for me to even bother with Faro.

Felt the same way but I was going direct from Glasgow to Faro with Jet2 on the Friday morning so had already committed by then :lol: ended up having a rare time (football aside) in Albufeira with my mates and we became rugby fans for the week as Scotland were still in the WC at the time

3 hours ago, rab27889 said:

His final answer just confirms what most of us already knew, "It's all about trying to do the best for the Scottish FA." In other words, to hell with the teams, the set-up and the supporters, as long as the FA themselves are doing fine, then that's all that matters.

as long as their pockets are lined and they get their all expenses paid trips to away games they ain't worried about the rest of us... that's been obvious for years

On 25/10/2016 at 2:20 PM, ProudScot said:

Worrying now that it seems even if we lose but lose fighting, then Strachan will stay.

Starting to think we may be stuck with him to the end on this one now after originally thinking a defeat v England and he would be gone.

With the injuries mounting up the excuses are in place already...I expect Strachan to walk though on his own accord eventually.

I’m no fan of Regan’s (see my signature) and its painfully clear that Strachan has struggled to build on the initial progress that he made once he got the players to forget everything that Levein has told them.

The performances in the friendlies against Italy and France were unacceptable as were the competitive games against Lithuania and Slovakia. We have no bite up front and are vulnerable in defence, we’re very easy to play against and very beatable.

Having said all that, I don’t think the interview is that bad. Strachan is under contract to the SFA and Regan is the Chief Executive.

If your line manager started discussing your very immediate future with you in tones that suggested it didn’t involve your current employer it’s not only poor practice but could be ground for constructive dismissal.

Essentially, watch out for misleading headlines – why are yous all trusting the BBC anyway?

This bit at the end did stand out though:
Q: Given the continued failure to get to a major tournament, the under-21s are not achieving, the failed appointment of Brian McClair (as performance director), do you question your own position, whether you're the right man to continue to lead the SFA?
A: Absolutely not. It's all about trying to do the best for the Scottish FA. We have a strategy in place that remains our priority and we're trying to lead the team forward in every single aspect, not just on the pitch but off it as well.

On 10/25/2016 at 0:07 AM, Bino's said:

whats the strategy he speaks of 

does it include hiring an u-19s manager who doesnt believe in the academies

I'm with Bino's on this one. 

What strategy?

On 24 October 2016 at 8:42 PM, vanderark14 said:

"The fans made it clear they were backing Gordon"

no we didn't

I didn't. As soon as the whistle blew I was trying to leave the ground but was blocked by happy clapper arseholes blocking the stairwell. I don't know who was more of an embarrassment to Scottish football that night, the fans reaction or players and coaching staff posing for photos

On 24 October 2016 at 8:51 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

The 10 pointers in Faro made it clear they were backing Gordon, the rest of us weren't asked.

Away yae go ya clown yae

On 24 October 2016 at 8:53 PM, kumnio said:

I certainly didnt.

Nor did I 

On 24 October 2016 at 11:54 PM, bonny78 said:

Who wud you want as manager?

That's what the free loaders within Hampden are paid for. You simply can't keep an underperforming member of staff simply because you can't think of anyone better to carry out the task in hand. Personally, it's time to look abroad

On 25 October 2016 at 8:19 AM, Parklife said:

To be fair, all the happy-clappers in Faro are part of the reason we're in this mess. Feck knows what they were so happy about, cheering and clapping as the team posed for photos. WTF?!?! We've failed embarrassingly and these whanks are clapping. 

It was the most depressing day i've had supporting Scotland. An hour on a bus to a pointless game, fvck all to do/get a pint near the stadium, the desperation of Steven Fletcher to get a hat-trick, the clapping at the end, the team photographs, folk cheering it all. A horrific day. 

100% Agree. Then they started singing Erasure songs for what seemed like the whole first half. Give me do-a-deer any day

On 25 October 2016 at 8:22 AM, vanderark14 said:

A chunk of our support have become a parody of themselves. I found it embarrassing 

I've said this for a long time, especially in the tourist resort/destinations ie. Algarve, Malta, Prague, London and to an extent Germany

On 25 October 2016 at 9:14 AM, deecie said:

Good post.

After the Poland game it took a hell of a lot of persuasion for me to even bother with Faro.

The fact it was good to get away with my friends for the weekend was the only reason I persevered with the whole scenario. Once there we were treated to more celebration of abject failure with the day trippers singing "No Scotland, No Party" throughout and many taking delight in the fact they were doing "Benteke's" in pub toilets :wtf:

On 25 October 2016 at 0:27 PM, Bino's said:

its the fans fault

if the fans spent the whole Faro game chanting sack the sfa board

we might have a different situation now

I agree to a very small extent, I've said this a lot recently. We, the fans are our own worst enemy. As long as we spend our £50 bi-annual membership, £30+ tickets, £60(I'm sure mines was, correct me if I'm wrong) home and away jerseys and all the other branded tat then the SFA don't care. Regan and Doncaster aren't football men, they are businessmen and as long as the numbers look good then they are happy. 

Also when it comes to matches in the last campaign many Scotland fans were delighted in Dortmund, played well but still lost. Same at Hampden, all this settle for a draw away from home is a losers attitude.  The less said about the fannys applauding in Tblisi the better not to mention the "F*ck off James McCarthy brigade" who were celebrating a draw in Dublin. 

This is in fear of degrading of being a fan/supporter but this blind loyalty is wearing thin with many people I know and have spoken with and this has to stop. Failure to win at Wembley could see be followed up the lowest ever crowd in Hampden for a qualifier for many a year.

23 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Their appointment of the imbecile Alex Rae to manage the under 19 squad really is scraping the bottom of the barrel by the SFA.

It's jobs for the boys, the old pals act

Edited by DoonTheSlope

25 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Also when it comes to matches in the last campaign many Scotland fans were delighted in Dortmund, played well but still lost. Same at Hampden, all this settle for a draw away from home is a losers attitude.  The less said about the fannys applauding in Tblisi the better not to mention the "F*ck off James McCarthy brigade" who were celebrating a draw in

draws away and victories at home qualify you

Scotland of old wouldn't settle for a draw away from home against anyone. 

Scotland of old wouldn't play experienced players in hope of reducing a deficit away to England.

Scotland used to be brave, bold and bigger on the world stage, not clapping off a failed team and manager that didn't qualify for another campaign. It will soon be 20 years since we last qualified for anything and yet we still hear calls for the same incompetence that has seen us go backwards. From grassroots to the very top reeks of incompetence.

Celebrating failure after failure, and trying to draw some positives is embarrassing.

Playing out of form players, playing guys who don't play for their first team and playing players and trying to make them fit into positions doesn't work and hasn't worked since the beginning of time.

We need a complete overhaul or it will be another 20 years. Best chance we have is finishing 3rd in a euro qualifier and sneaking in hoping no one noticed hoping how long it took us

13 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

Scotland of old wouldn't settle for a draw away from home against anyone. 

scotland of old had world class players

and often played sides who at that time had no football pedigree

draws away and victories at home in front of 50,000 is what we should be aiming for

21 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

Playing out of form players, playing guys who don't play for their first team and playing players and trying to make them fit into positions doesn't work and hasn't worked since the beginning of time.

We need a complete overhaul or it will be another 20

until we strart training our youngsters to be ball playersrather than cloggers

encouraging our clubs to actually play players from their own country

realising you have to be properly fit to play sport, like Andy Murray fit

and sadly learn to I've, ask for yellow cards, hold at corners and all the other cheating the rest of the world take for granted

nothing will change

and I see no appetite to change any of it

6 minutes ago, Bino's said:

until we strart training our youngsters to be ball playersrather than cloggers

encouraging our clubs to actually play players from their own country

realising you have to be properly fit to play sport, like Andy Murray fit

and sadly learn to I've, ask for yellow cards, hold at corners and all the other cheating the rest of the world take for granted

nothing will change

and I see no appetite to change any of it

Aye the fitness thing is the one for me, just because of the beer/fags/kebab stereotype of our nation, doesn't mean it's ok for our footballers to follow suit.

When Paul leguen first came to rangers he said that there was a drink culture associated with the club and Barry Ferguson was the instigator. Ronnie Delia said that when he took over the players fitness levels was terrible. Brendan Rodgers has already fined 3 Celtic players for drinking and poor fitness levels. Rumour has it that Kris Commons has fined twice

14 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Aye the fitness thing is the one for me, just because of the beer/fags/kebab stereotype of our nation, doesn't mean it's ok for our footballers to follow suit.

I have seen Scott brown Shaun Maloney and Barry Robson smoking fags

brown was last day of season after rangers last spl title, a helicopter Sunday Celtic lost and whole squad came to pennies local which I was in. Maybe only day of year he smoked but smoked about 20

maoleney and Robson was in a pub in bridge of Allan few years back. They were asked and said it was close season

total farce