Heading over the sea to Europe for beer? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Heading over the sea to Europe for beer?

Pub conversation the other night was "let's go over by ferry to Holland and travel down to Germany and fill the car up with beautiful German beer"

Am I right in thinking it's doable but highly illegal to stash say 400 bottles of ale into your car even on a one off trip?

Thursday night ferry and back home early Monday morning.... would be a cracking road trip right enough.

57 minutes ago, Rossy said:

It's legal, but given the spending power of the British Peso, it would be an expensive bevvy trip.

At €0.50 for a 500ml of supreme beer that costs £2.50 to purchase here I'd be willing to spend to simply enjoy the trip. The prize in the car would be a bonus on return.

5 hours ago, macy37 said:

How do you go about proving?

"I'm having a muckle party, do you fancy coming boss?"

If he can't make it there's your loot gone?

I don't know - correspondence showing invitations - birth certificate to show upcoming birthdays

I reckon they have a database of people who are frequently back and forth on ferry, so pre target who they want to stop