League Cup Final - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 hours ago, Dairbee said:

Cheers, didnt realise that. I remember a Scotish cup semi a few years ago v Celtic on a Sunday 12:45ko and had to watch a 4 0 gubbing sober. Must of been about 4 years ago. 

To make matters worse we ended up with Josh Mcginiss playing right back......

Yeah, the season we got to both cup semis and got scudded off Celtic in both -  4-1 and 4-0. Shite. 

Considine got sent off after about 15 minutes in the 4-0 game. Langfield saved the penalty and we kept it 0-0 until the 2nd half. Then Mulgrew fluked a goal with a cross and we crumbled. :( 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, the season we got to both cup semis and got scudded off Celtic in both -  4-1 and 4-0. Shite. 

Considine got sent off after about 15 minutes in the 4-0 game. Langfield saved the penalty and we kept it 0-0 until the 2nd half. Then Mulgrew fluked a goal with a cross and we crumbled. :( 

Was that the one with Derek Young at centre back for most of it? Probably less likely to win than with Robbie Winters in goals in the 2000 final.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

The 4 1 game was our first semi in a while I think. Seem to remember a decent number of fans from Aberdeen with high expectations. 

I left at half time after seeing the 4th go in. I wasnt the only one either, loads of boys trying to get into any bar that would have them. For some reason the police had closed most around Hampden, so we ended up in the Ivory Hotel, down from the Church on the Hill. 

The 4 0 was like watching paint dry once Considine got sent off. Cant remember anything about the goals other than the inevitability of them, and Celtic fans doing the Poznan and singing that Depeche mode number. 

Didnt help matters I had loads of Celtic back on the train south. 

So, to sum up, we are due a win this weekend......

29 minutes ago, Dairbee said:

The 4 1 game was our first semi in a while I think. Seem to remember a decent number of fans from Aberdeen with high expectations. 

I left at half time after seeing the 4th go in. I wasnt the only one either, loads of boys trying to get into any bar that would have them. For some reason the police had closed most around Hampden, so we ended up in the Ivory Hotel, down from the Church on the Hill. 

I wanted to leave at half time but my bird made me stay for a bit. We saw Vernon's goal and left after that IIRC. 

A shite day. Think it was the same season of the 9-0. Feck Celtic

The Sheep I know don't care about this game and won't even bother if they miraculously win it. 

If it was rangers though... they'd be getting ready for it now and flying from every corner of the world. But mostly getting the train from Glasgow. Morons. 

Talk about a sick fascination. 

4 minutes ago, OLAS said:

The Sheep I know don't care about this game and won't even bother if they miraculously win it. 

If it was rangers though... they'd be getting ready for it now and flying from every corner of the world. But mostly getting the train from Glasgow. Morons. 

I don't blame you for being fascinated by the Famous.

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

If you're round mount Florida way on Sunday at all,you'll probably find circa 22,000 people that aren't balloons like you know. 

On 11/24/2016 at 9:42 PM, dandydunn said:

If you're round mount Florida way on Sunday at all,you'll probably find circa 22,000 people that aren't balloons like you know. 

Did Celtic get a 22k allocation like?

32 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Vodka poured into Diet Coke bottles

Pringles and sports mixtures bought

Face paint ready (for the bairn) ;)

Few kingpins tonight

Bairn can't sleep for excitement for his first final

6am alarm set

Canna wait........

COYFR ?⚪️?⚪️?⚪️

Aye, if you say so

Woodford Reserve deposited into Diet Coke receptacles (with some Diet Coke too). Never one to be overly optimistic, let alone cocky, but I think we really want this. I think we might just do it.  Hope everyone has a great day and it's a final to make Scottish fitbe proud.

COYR. 

10 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Woodford Reserve deposited into Diet Coke receptacles (with some Diet Coke too). Never one to be overly optimistic, let alone cocky, but I think we really want this. I think we might just do it.  Hope everyone has a great day and it's a final to make Scottish fitbe proud.

COYR. 

The belief has been building all week. Convinced we'll do it in ET today.

As a mate said outside wembley, it's the hope that always gets you.

23 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Really not confident at all today and can't understand why so many seem exceptionally confident.

Snap. Still, I'm sure my optimism will grow after a few pints! 

MADI-SON-SON-SON!! 

13 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

COYR. 

Got a double shot in my morning Latte.

Not hopeful for today.

COYR