League Cup Final - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket split confirmed as 50/50.

Aberdeen FC v Celtic FC: Hampden Park, Sunday 27 November 2016, 3.00pm
Televised live on BT Sport 1 (show starts 2.00pm)

The SPFL has today announced ticket prices for the 2016 Betfred Cup Final, which will take place at Hampden Park next month.

Following agreement with the two competing clubs and the Hampden Park Safety Officer, the segregation and ticket prices are as follows, reflecting a 50/50 split of the stadium:-

Aberdeen fans will occupy the following sections:-
• South Stand Lower Section P £35
• South Stand Upper Section Q £35
• North Stand Section C £35
• West Stand Sections A & B £30 Adult and £15 for Under 16s

• North Stand Wheelchair £20 Adult and £5 for Under 16s
• South Stand Wheelchair £15 Adult and £5 for Under 16s
• West Stand Wheelchair £10 Adult and £5 for Under 16s

Celtic fans will occupy the following sections:-
• South Stand Lower Section I £35
• South Stand Upper Section H £35
• North Stand Section D £35
• East Stand Sections F & G £30 Adult and £15 for Under 16s

• North Stand Wheelchair £20 Adult and £5 for Under 16s
• South Stand Wheelchair £15 Adult and £5 for Under 16s
• East Stand Wheelchair £10 Adult and £5 for Under 16s

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said: "The SPFL would like to congratulate both Aberdeen and Celtic for making it to the first showpiece final of the Scottish football season, with its return to a pre-Christmas date proving very popular with supporters. We are pleased to announce that both clubs will enjoy an equal share of tickets for the 2016 Betfred Cup Final which is shaping up to be another brilliant footballing occasion."

Betfred Head of Media Mark Pearson said: "Following on from the excitement of the semi-finals we now look forward to a terrific final between Aberdeen and Celtic bringing this year's tournament to a close and we would like to thank all clubs, players and fans for making the 2016 Betfred Cup a great success."

The clubs will announce ticket sale information via their own channels in due course.

For all the latest Betfred Cup information visit: http://spfl.co.uk/league-cup/

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because we took 45k to our last cup final, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be an equal split this time. It would've been completely unfair on Celtic had we been given allocations based on previous Cup Final sales totals. 

Edited by Parklife

39 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

For once Doncaster and co get something right. Anything other than a 50/50 split would've been wholly unjustified.

Doncaster had nothing to do with it, the clubs met and agreed on this. SPFL were only going to be involved if an agreement could not be met. I'd say thank feck Doncaster wasn't there because the match would more than likely have been held on the moon

On 25/10/2016 at 4:34 PM, vanderark14 said:

Doncaster had nothing to do with it, the clubs met and agreed on this. SPFL were only going to be involved if an agreement could not be met. I'd say thank feck Doncaster wasn't there because the match would more than likely have been held on the moon

Thought it was too good to be true....

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Yes it shows preferential treatment to both Rangers and Celtic when it comes which side of the ground they hold

And that really bothers you?

I'd be willing to bet neither would be concerned if placed in opposite changing rooms or seats that 'normally' happens.

Maybe it's opposing fans that are in the dark ages?

I'm not trying to bait I'm just trying to understand it all. I'm in agreement for tossing of the coin. It's a football stadium so where you sit or change really shouldn't be a big deal. Out of interest did Hibs get the usual Celtic end in previous finals or has there been a mixture? Would having the Huns end made a difference to winning the cup quicker? 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Couple of my mates going along as neutrals as we've a mate who's a big Don's fan. Just going to watch the game in Shawlands when they're at the game.

Was a bit surprised to be offered tickets for it, thought it would have sold out but hopefully still will.

Your mate doesn't work in Finnieston by any chance?

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Couple of my mates going along as neutrals as we've a mate who's a big Don's fan. Just going to watch the game in Shawlands when they're at the game.

Was a bit surprised to be offered tickets for it, thought it would have sold out but hopefully still will.

There are a few hundred left unsold for the Dons end, mainly because Aberdeen ####ed up in their way of selling tickets.

Season ticket holders and supporters clubs got first dibs (rightly), but supporters clubs were refused the full allocations that they asked for. The club then opened up the sale to loyalty points holders only a week ago, and then finally a general sale just a couple of days ago.

Apparently over 1000 requests by supporters clubs were knocked back, and now people can get tickets but transport is more difficult. 

If they'd given the supporters clubs the allocation they'd wanted at the time we would have sold all tickets 10 days ago. 

We'll still sell out I'd imagine, but the club have made it more difficult than it should have been.

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

There are a few hundred left unsold for the Dons end, mainly because Aberdeen ####ed up in their way of selling tickets.

Season ticket holders and supporters clubs got first dibs (rightly), but supporters clubs were refused the full allocations that they asked for. The club then opened up the sale to loyalty points holders only a week ago, and then finally a general sale just a couple of days ago.

Apparently over 1000 requests by supporters clubs were knocked back, and now people can get tickets but transport is more difficult. 

If they'd given the supporters clubs the allocation they'd wanted at the time we would have sold all tickets 10 days ago. 

We'll still sell out I'd imagine, but the club have made it more difficult than it should have been.

Seems to only be single seats available from what I've heard. 

Glad we got all 16 we wanted early doors ;)

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Seems to only be single seats available from what I've heard. 

Glad we got all 16 we wanted early doors ;)

Less than 200 available now. Most of them seem to be in a block in the last section of the west stand, next to the south stand. 

50 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

One of the Aberdeen supporting mates does. He's currently in NY and back before the final if it's the same person!

It's not!  A mate from work lives in the South Side, supports Aberdeen and is originally from down Killie way but he's not in NY!