Accies v Dons - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Accies v Dons

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accies were worthy winners by all accounts, despite the penalty award being completely farcical. 

Disappointing result and totally deserved for leaving Jack out the side for the passenger McLean. Mcinnes' continued loyalty to McLean will be what costs us more than anything else this season. 

Just now, The Giant said:

Several.of the team played worse than McLean last night. Maddison was completely anonymous and Rooney won precisely zero aerial challenges all night. Although no one deserves pass marks on that performance.

It's not just last night with McLean. It is every single week. He does nothing. I honestly cannot see why he keeps getting picked. I could almost understand it when Jack was injured but to have Jack, who started the season really well, on the bench and McLean starting is just bewildering. 

Couldn't agree more on McLean. He's terrible. Every week. Mcinnes has a blind spot and it's going to prove expensive.

Only reason I can think Jack didn't feature was the crap pitch and him coming back from a knee injury. He has to start on Saturday. Saturday is also now the perfect game for us - I expect a huge reaction and a chance to atone. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It's not just last night with McLean. It is every single week. He does nothing. I honestly cannot see why he keeps getting picked. I could almost understand it when Jack was injured but to have Jack, who started the season really well, on the bench and McLean starting is just bewildering. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

3 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Couldn't agree more on McLean. He's terrible. Every week. Mcinnes has a blind spot and it's going to prove expensive.

Only reason I can think Jack didn't feature was the crap pitch and him coming back from a knee injury. He has to start on Saturday. Saturday is also now the perfect game for us - I expect a huge reaction and a chance to atone. 

Do you either of think this is because he's being played in the wrong position, his best form at St Mirren was the midfield support for the striker but McInness plays him in the defensive role?

For Saturday I would like to see Shinnie back into LB and Jack back in the midfield.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Do you either of think this is because he's being played in the wrong position, his best form at St Mirren was the midfield support for the striker but McInness plays him in the defensive role?

For Saturday I would like to see Shinnie back into LB and Jack back in the midfield.

I thought he was sh1te their too. I think he was just a good player in a poor St Mirren team. He's got a good touch but he's lazy, takes no responsibility, too slow and basically wholly ineffective. 

I would definitely be playing Shinnie at LB on Saturday.  Jack in the middle with young Storie.