Accies v Dons - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Accies v Dons

Just now, SMcoolJ said:

I thought he was sh1te their too. I think he was just a good player in a poor St Mirren team. He's got a good touch but he's lazy, takes no responsibility, too slow and basically wholly ineffective. 

I would definitely be playing Shinnie at LB on Saturday.  Jack in the middle with young Storie.  

Fair enough, I disagree on McLean. I felt he did well when playing further forward. I'd be happy with a midfield of Jack and Storie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Fair enough, I disagree on McLean. I felt he did well when playing further forward. I'd be happy with a midfield of Jack and Storie

All about opinions. Glad you see something in him and I hope he can change my mind. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Do you either of think this is because he's being played in the wrong position, his best form at St Mirren was the midfield support for the striker but McInness plays him in the defensive role?

For Saturday I would like to see Shinnie back into LB and Jack back in the midfield.

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

I thought he was sh1te their too. I think he was just a good player in a poor St Mirren team. He's got a good touch but he's lazy, takes no responsibility, too slow and basically wholly ineffective. 

I would definitely be playing Shinnie at LB on Saturday.  Jack in the middle with young Storie.  

I couldn't agree more with SMcoolJ. McLean has ability but he's been completely ineffective wherever he has played. McInnes has way too much faith in him. 

I disagree on Shinnie though. I'd keep him in the middle of the park for Saturday. Long-term he should be left back and Storie beside Jack in the middle but Storie has played so little this season that i reckon he'd struggle to find the pace of the game. 

However, the only change from last night will be McGinn back in for Burns. Wouldn't surprise me if he drops Maddison and brings Jack back. There's a 0% chance he'll drop McLean. 

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

Are you sure?  The Jags must run out of luck sooner or later, surely?

What luck is that you speak of?

We try to play football on the deck and rarely get an absolute tanking. 

In fact, I'd say it's only a matter of time before we horse someone. Things will eventually click up front for us as the quality is there. 

We had 6 first picks out injured on Saturday yet still dominated from the 1st to the 90th minute. Shame about the 9 minutes of injury time (where we almost lost it).

We will be safe. 

Edited by OLAS

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aberdeen-Killie re-arranged for Tuesday 6th December. Early exit from work that day ^_^

I'd fancy you to win that one. We'll be off the back of pumping Celtic in the Cup Final and then beating Rangers at Ibrox, so will likely be a bit tired. 

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

What luck is that you speak of?

We try to play football on the deck and rarely get an absolute tanking. 

In fact, I'd say it's only a matter of time before we horse someone. Things will eventually click up front for us as the quality is there. 

We had 6 first picks out injured on Saturday yet still dominated from the 1st to the 90th minute. Shame about the 9 minutes of injury time (where we almost lost it).

We will be safe. 

Just that Thistle are that size of club that will generally bounce between levels 1 and 2 in Scotland.  See also St Mirren, Dundee, Airdrie, Dunfermline, Falkirk and St Johnstone. 

Edited by adamntg

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

Just that Thistle are that size of club that will generally bounce between levels 1 and 2 in Scotland.  See also St Mirren, Dundee, Airdrie, Dunfermline, Falkirk and St Johnstone. 

You can take Saints out of that please. Don't lump us with the other pish in Tayside.

Just now, adamntg said:

I'll take you out when you've spent 52 years out of 54 in with the big boys, not before. 

You sound like an Aberdeen fan living on past glories there. This is the now and we are a well established top league side. Consistently finishing each year in the top end of the table.

8 minutes ago, Ormond said:

You sound like an Aberdeen fan living on past glories there. This is the now and we are a well established top league side. Consistently finishing each year in the top end of the table.

Isn't there enough threads dominated by Aberdeen as it is Fudchops? ;) 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Is it sair oan the neck looking up at us? :lol:

I'm able to look up at you in the league and down on your pishy wee Tory farmer welly boots ruddy faced wax jacket wearing club all at the same time. 

Edited by adamntg

4 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I'm able to look up at you in the league and down on your pishy wee Tory farmer welly boots ruddy faced wax jacket wearing club all at the same time. 

Tory? Perth has been staunch SNP for the last 20 odd years! I can feel you are hurting though pal. :lol:

15 hours ago, adamntg said:

Kilmarnock? Morton? 

It has been a long time since Airdrie have been in the top league so I wouldn't classify them as a yo-yo team. 

We're of a similar size to Killie yet their continuous record in the top division is something were aspiring to. 

If/when the manager goes and we don't appoint the right person, I suspect that may signal the end of our SPFL status as we don't normally flash the cash for survival (or success).

Anyway, jealousy is an evil trait :lol: whit's the weather like doon there?