Accies v Dons - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Accies v Dons

Quite often folk on here moan that Aberdeen fans "take over" threads about the weekends games... I could point out that An Aberdeen vs Accies thread has been overtaken by chat about Partick Thistle. I won't though :) 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Quite often folk on here moan that Aberdeen fans "take over" threads about the weekends games... I could point out that An Aberdeen vs Accies thread has been overtaken by chat about Partick Thistle. I won't though :) 

Get yer ain moaning thread. 

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

Kilmarnock? Morton? 

It has been a long time since Airdrie have been in the top league so I wouldn't classify them as a yo-yo team. 

We're of a similar size to Killie yet their continuous record in the top division is something were aspiring to. 

If/when the manager goes and we don't appoint the right person, I suspect that may signal the end of our SPFL status as we don't normally flash the cash for survival (or success).

Anyway, jealousy is an evil trait :lol: whit's the weather like doon there? 

I did consider Killie and Morton, but Killie have been up for decades and Morton haven't been seen since the mid 80s.  

It seems we pretty much agree that for the next 20 years the Jags will mostly be below United in the league.   So enjoy it while you can.... 

On the bright side, you don't have ruddy faces and wear wax jackets.  Although, that's just because you're all students.

Edited by adamntg

5 hours ago, adamntg said:

I did consider Killie and Morton, but Killie have been up for decades and Morton haven't been seen since the mid 80s.  

It seems we pretty much agree that for the next 20 years the Jags will mostly be below United in the league.   So enjoy it while you can.... 

On the bright side, you don't have ruddy faces and wear wax jackets.  Although, that's just because you're all students.

Killie have been up for ages because they spent money they never had. Clubs as well run as Saints suffered because we always lived within our means.

38 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Killie have been up for ages because they spent money they never had. Clubs as well run as Saints suffered because we always lived within our means.

Aye that's the sole reason eh. Kilmarnock have always been a bigger club than St Johnstone. Did we become champions of Scotland by overspending? We had a daft few years in sky years spending wise but still nothing like Utd, Hibs, Dundee, Dunfermline  etc who hsve all been relegated. 

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye that's the sole reason eh. Kilmarnock have always been a bigger club than St Johnstone. Did we become champions of Scotland by overspending? We had a daft few years in sky years spending wise but still nothing like Utd, Hibs, Dundee, Dunfermline  etc who hsve all been relegated. 

Killie are not bigger than Saints. We are the same size of club. Along with the previously mentioned Dunfermline, St. Mirrem, etc. It has nothing to do with winning a league in the 60s. FFS, this is 2016.

Killie are a bigger club than Saints.  Killie are the oldest professional club in Scotland, have been champions or runners-up in the top flight five times, won five major trophies and played in another ten finals on top of that, played in a European semi final, and apart from the 1980s, have spent almost their entire life in the top division. 

Until two years ago St Johnstone's greatest achievement was winning the Challenge Cup.  They've spent just under half their existence in the second tier and half in the top tier.  They're having a purple patch just now, much as Morton did in the late 70s, but in truth, they're a medium size provincial club who didn't even manage to sell their allocation to their first ever Scottish Cup final.  

The irony about United's relegation is that it came after they'd managed to steady their financial ship after some basketcase stuff in the Sky years.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Killie are a bigger club than Saints.  Killie are the oldest professional club in Scotland, have been champions or runners-up in the top flight five times, won five major trophies and played in another ten finals on top of that, played in a European semi final, and apart from the 1980s, have spent almost their entire life in the top division. 

Until two years ago St Johnstone's greatest achievement was winning the Challenge Cup.  They've spent just under half their existence in the second tier and half in the top tier.  They're having a purple patch just now, much as Morton did in the late 70s, but in truth, they're a medium size provincial club who didn't even manage to sell their allocation to their first ever Scottish Cup final.  

The irony about United's relegation is that it came after they'd managed to steady their financial ship after some basketcase stuff in the Sky years.

The jealousy you have for us over the last few seasons comes across really strong at times. It's ok though. I'd be jealous too of our number one team in Tayside stature. :ok:

You'll probably answer with how United once did something in Scottish football near 4 decades ago though. ;)

Edited by Ormond

20 minutes ago, Ormond said:

The jealousy you have for us over the last few seasons comes across really strong at times. It's ok though. I'd be jealous too of our number one team in Tayside stature. :ok:

You'll probably answer with how United once did something in Scottish football near 4 decades ago though. ;)

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

10 hours ago, adamntg said:

I'm happy with the past or the future.  The present, not so much.

Here you. Get back in yer 1st division relegation sad box, like a happy Finnish child. 

Nothing wrong with Chris Erskine. He's scoring goals in the top league. His heart is in it now. 

Let us know how many junkies you meet in Paisley. Our record is 20. 

6 hours ago, OLAS said:

Here you. Get back in yer 1st division relegation sad box, like a happy Finnish child. 

Nothing wrong with Chris Erskine. He's scoring goals in the top league. His heart is in it now. 

Let us know how many junkies you meet in Paisley. Our record is 20. 

I liked Erskine. Only issue was that he decided to leave right at our hour of greatest need.  

6 hours ago, adamntg said:

I liked Erskine. Only issue was that he decided to leave right at our hour of greatest need.  

Shame on him. Imagine deserting a sinking ship for a land of milk and honey. 

He's seen as the Messiah at Firhill... I love the big guy, but he's just a good player that can win games. I'd have Edwards ahead of him most games. Luckily they can play together. 

Won't ever forget his title winning goal against Falkirk. He had signed for Utd but still gave absolutely everything for us and clinched the title with a wonderful solo goal. 

Dundee United need a strong Chris Erskine. 

9 hours ago, OLAS said:

Shame on him. Imagine deserting a sinking ship for a land of milk and honey. 

He's seen as the Messiah at Firhill... I love the big guy, but he's just a good player that can win games. I'd have Edwards ahead of him most games. Luckily they can play together. 

Won't ever forget his title winning goal against Falkirk. He had signed for Utd but still gave absolutely everything for us and clinched the title with a wonderful solo goal. 

Dundee United need a strong Chris Erskine. 

He's a decent big boy.   A wee bit Crazy Legs Crane, but I liked him.  He's no Paul Paton though. 

On 10/30/2016 at 0:46 AM, adamntg said:

He's a decent big boy.   A wee bit Crazy Legs Crane, but I liked him.  He's no Paul Paton though. 

Luckily for Scottish football and big Polish goalkeepers.